Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 07-15-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Biggest Waste of Talent in Sports History?

i always thought players like manny ramirez were huge wastes of talent, considering he is so good and clearly does nothing to work out, is obviously a moron, doesnt try hard, and obv doesnt watch any film. think how much better he could be given how good he is currently.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always thought players like manny ramirez were huge wastes of talent, considering he is so good and clearly does nothing to work out, is obviously a moron, doesnt try hard, and obv doesnt watch any film. think how much better he could be given how good he is currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you retarded? He's one of the greatest right-handed hitters in the history of the game, and by many account, he works his ass off practicing/studying his hitting.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 PM

I really dont think he does. Much like Miguel Cabrera, amazing player yes, but that is only because he is so talented. Imagine if he worked hard to get in better shape and everything, its just wasted talent.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont think he does. Much like Miguel Cabrera, amazing player yes, but that is only because he is so talented. Imagine if he worked hard to get in better shape and everything, its just wasted talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're either trying to level deep, or you don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever seen him without the baggy uniform? He's in excellent shape, and his work ethic in the batting cage and video room has always been extremely lauded by his coaches and teammates.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:14 PM

Either thru use of talent, or use of hard work, Ramirez's RBI, HR, and BA numbers are a *tad* too high to be included on this list.

Anyone remember Todd Van Poppel?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ricky Williams, Rich Harden, and Mark Prior are about 100 levels DOWN on the talent meter from guys like Strawberry and Gooden.

Two different classes IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Mark Prior. He was the best amateur pitcher of all-time.

You might not remember how good he was at USC, but trust me, he was the next Roger Clemens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry Wood is a better choice than Prior IMO. Wood's 20 K game against the Astros when he was a rookie was one of the sickest displays of pitching talent I have ever seen. His pitching motion was probably the reason he was so good and the reason he got hurt. Sad for us Cubs fans.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Clarett definitely wasted his opportunity, but I think that guy was over-hyped to begin with. He was outclassed on the NFL level in terms of physical ability.
Clarett put up big numbers against mostly bad teams his freshman year to generate all the hype. Had he been the starter for Purdue or Iowa instead of Ohio St. I don't think we or the media would have made such a big deal of the guy.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 PM

Clarett is a good choice few have mentioned. Perhaps this could be because he wasn't all that incredible to begin with. Media surely overrates people on huge-name teams such as the Buckeyes etc.

Wood and Prior are basically interchangeable. Both have flopped after being the supposed saviors of the Cubs franchise. I simply choose Prior because it's laughable how much his name gets mentioned on ESPN despite his lack of career numbers, and his more-relevant-than-Bartman role in the Game 6 2003 collapse.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Ricky Williams is elite but VC isn't? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]
What has vince ever done? Started for UNC? Won a dunk contest? Sports center highlights? Has he ever even been the best player on his team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince has averaged 24/5/4, 26 in the playoffs, and gone to the Finals.

Ricky has rushed for 1,000 yards 4 times.

Please explain how these two things are drastically different in any way, or how they prove that Ricky Williams is an elite talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ricky won a [censored] heisman and ran the ball 1800+ NFL rushing title with the dolphins.

Vince has acquired all his notoriety for his huge dunks.
24ppg doesn't mean jack for a sg.
ZOMG he can jump really high doesn't mean talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only 16 players in the history of the NBA with a better career scoring average than Vince, and hes done it in an era that is rather low scoring.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Charlie Ward, Heisman winner that goes to the NBA, Who gives a @%^&@%& about the NBA anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a horrible answer.