Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-09-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: WPEX is rigged 100%

sorry if this has been suggested already, but couldn't you just track the players whom you accuse of cheating and find out what kind of win rates and starting hand requirements they have for a few K hands to find out what you're really up against? Running bad/bad game selection can feel a lot like someone is cheating but i've read a lot of your posts in other forums which makes your accusation sound more credible than most.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Alright already. For the guys that think it's rigged, how did you feel about the players screaming that pp and ps was rigged a couple of years ago? Realize that they felt 100% correct as you do right now, yet back then you thought they were just weak players that couldn’t beat the games.

Eight or so years ago when Paradise Poker had the only 20-40 game (was the highest stakes game online at the time) and the player base online was only 2000 peak, all of the best players were in those 20-40 games. Since there were only 2000 players on the site, there were only two or three 20-40 games going. This was before PT/HUDs and no local hand histories existed either. The player base was very small.

All of the good players in that game played much, much higher limits live. It was a hyper-aggressive somewhat rocky game, but definitely exploitable. People were getting killed in those games and the rigged theories were abundant. Anyone remember Scobi?

Then the poker explosion happens and you have over 10,000 players online, and the games are cake; the games are so easy (think party 15-30) that you don’t even have to be a very sound player to be a shark at the table. People are giving money away, and doing it somewhat passively.

One needs to look no further than wonder why wpex’s player base peaks during the day, instead of at night like every other site, to understand what type of players play there. Why are there twice as many players during the day? Who plays poker during the day? Wpex has plenty of fish, though, but they are aggressive and don’t miss many thin value bets either. In other words, they aren’t totally clueless like the good old Party days.

Years ago when people said pp and ps were rigged (and now too), everyone told them to fix their leaks. Now, you have guys that can beat less aggressive games, but can’t beat wpex games and no one has any leaks? If you can’t beat wsex, it doesn’t mean you are not a good player... you’re just not good enough for those games. Move on or re-examine your game, but take the tin foil hat off.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM

Yeah, you guys are right. I am just a fish. The players at WPEX are just too good. It's funny that they stay at 20/40 and 30/60 there, occasionally 100/200.

I mean, hell, if I can beat 100/200 on other sites, these guys must be able to clean up 300/600+. If they can outplay me to the point where I think they are cheating, they must be A LOT better than me. But, I guess these ultra-aggressive superhuman players at WPEX are content with 1-2 games of 30/60.

Note that I am not the only respected poster that thinks something is wrong here. Along with the people in this thread, two other people who haven't posted in this thread have contacted me privately.

There is something wrong here. I think the most likely thing is that someone or a group has breached the site's security. Now that someone mentions it, some of their behavior would definitely be explained by collusion. I am 100% sure of collusion. I think I was too hasty in saying it was "rigged." As for actual cheating, I think there is a very good chance, 75%+, but not positive.

Another thing - I don't agree with some of the people supporting me in the thread. Some of you guys are just running bad. That isn't what I'm talking about.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM

kurosh,

How many hands do you have on WPEX?

(please don't read any "small sample size" argument into this question)
Old 11-09-2006, 06:05 PM

its rigged! stay away
Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean, hell, if I can beat 100/200 on other sites

[/ QUOTE ]

um, you beat 100/200? lol
Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM

good follow up post kurush, one that i can agree with.i know its not rigged, but playing 20/40 and up, it's so agressive that sometimes i felt suspicious, but never 100% sure.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:33 PM

I know a 2+2'er who I never would have thought would think such things who decided after the first week or two to stop playing there because things just didn't seem right.

He knew it seemed silly. I told him him that if he had such concerns then he was probably being distracted from playing his 'A game' anyway.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:01 PM

also why hasnt this thread been moved to BBV yet?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:26 PM

It's a big world and there is a lot of talent out there.
I wouldn't be surprised if super talented young players that don't have the roll jet for 100/200, figured out that their next best thing would be to play 30/60 with no rake.
If that was the case, then even a 100/200 player would have a hard time at 30/60 at Wpex.

There is also another type of player that plays there:
A couple of months ago UB got infested with stallers. UB used to be my favorite site for tilt-sessions at mid-stakes, but because of these stallers, I started playing my tilt sessions at Wpex, much faster games.
Believe me, a tilting high stakes player that drops down in limits just for the fun of it, is no easy game.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only one who does this, because it's really great fun!