Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

im guna stab this bastard
Old 02-23-2007, 06:56 PM

god thats scary, that last full tilt reply sounds promising...good luck jc
Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JC - I really think that if they've locked up prowlings this evidence is undisputable. To those chiming in with the 'hey, prowlings played these hands okay' lines - it simply doesn't matter. This isn't an American court of law - you don't need to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt. On one hand, you have a dude who never, ever, plays high stakes - and he buries a well known mid-high stakes player for that player's ENTIRE ACCOUNT! He didn't even lose money to anyone else! The evidence in this case is plain - and especially combined with the fact that jc's account will have been logged in from a different IP address, it's open and shut if you ask me. It'd be one thing if Full Tilt had to shell out their own money for this - then you could make the case that people could just log in from different IPs, dump money, then demand that FTP refunded them. This isn't the case here. I'd be very surprised if jc didnt get his $ back.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

James: lets say you take a shot a 300-600 NL for one buyin vs one of the regulars. You clean out aba, who you utterly dominated and you believe you put him on monkey tilt. You clean out his account in the amount of $1,600,000!!!! Your so excited bc you finally took at shot at that game and you destroyed one of the best players. The next day FT takes the money from you bc it turns out that ABa's account was hacked. Fair or no fair for you?

lol... I hope you would never run a business in this fashion. So if I take a shot at a game and break someone who happened to be getting hacked, your taking my money? I would go to your house and take it back.

Like I said before, villan seems like he is in on it, but taking his money with this evidence wouldn't sit well with the majority of players on FT

If they do take the money away from villan based on just this evidence, I'm taking a shot a 50-100NL. No risk, I can just say I was hacked.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JC - I really think that if they've locked up prowlings this evidence is undisputable. To those chiming in with the 'hey, prowlings played these hands okay' lines - it simply doesn't matter. This isn't an American court of law - you don't need to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt. On one hand, you have a dude who never, ever, plays high stakes - and he buries a well known mid-high stakes player for that player's ENTIRE ACCOUNT! He didn't even lose money to anyone else! The evidence in this case is plain - and especially combined with the fact that jc's account will have been logged in from a different IP address, it's open and shut if you ask me. It'd be one thing if Full Tilt had to shell out their own money for this - then you could make the case that people could just log in from different IPs, dump money, then demand that FTP refunded them. This isn't the case here. I'd be very surprised if jc didnt get his $ back.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

James: lets say you take a shot a 300-600 NL for one buyin vs one of the regulars. You clean out aba, who you utterly dominated and you believe you put him on monkey tilt. You clean out his account in the amount of $1,600,000!!!! Your so excited bc you finally took at shot at that game and you destroyed one of the best players. The next day FT takes the money from you bc it turns out that ABa's account was hacked. Fair or no fair for you?

lol... I hope you would never run a business in this fashion. So if I take a shot at a game and break someone who happened to be getting hacked, your taking my money? I would go to your house and take it back.

Like I said before, villan seems like he is in on it, but taking his money with this evidence wouldn't sit well with the majority of players on FT

If they do take the money away from villan based on just this evidence, I'm taking a shot a 50-100NL. No risk, I can just say I was hacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading comprehension not required to post
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 PM

steel, not going to pick apart your post point by point, but let's just say that there are marked differences between your hypothetical and what happened here. No one would be upset in the least if this player was relieved of the money.

James
Old 02-23-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steel, not going to pick apart your post point by point, but let's just say that there are marked differences between your hypothetical and what happened here. No one would be upset in the least if this player was relieved of the money.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that there are differences since you play high stakes, but I don't think you play the nose bleeds stakes. I don't think you would be happy if it turned out with you losing the money.

I know people here will be happy if jc gets his money back; I would be as well. The problem is that if is only based on these hands, then it's pretty arbitrary and wouldn't make me feel comfortable with FT at all. You are right, it's not a court of law, but there has to be some very strong evidence to take another player's money other than he played the hands like a fish. I think prowings is in on it, but I wouldn't be comfortable taking his money based on the facts that we know (I'm sure I would feel differently if I was jc)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 PM

This is just disgusting. Find out who this [censored] is, and take legal action. Or just smash his skull in with a bat.

GL with this [censored], and I know support can be slow, just gotta stick it out.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 PM

steel,

"The problem is that if is only based on these hands"

That's what I said earlier. However, FT has the ability to look at a lot more information than this to come up with a decision on this issue.

If JC sometimes goes off like this and if the player named sometimes takes a big shot at games like this, then it's much tougher to justify taking the money away.

On the other hand, if tons of other factors point to him being in on this, then it becomes easier.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steel,

"The problem is that if is only based on these hands"

That's what I said earlier. However, FT has the ability to look at a lot more information than this to come up with a decision on this issue.

If JC sometimes goes off like this and if the player named sometimes takes a big shot at games like this, then it's much tougher to justify taking the money away.

On the other hand, if tons of other factors point to him being in on this, then it becomes easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually pretty confident that this isn't an elaborate lie by jc. I'm fairly certain he was hacked in this situation. But even if we assume that jc never tilts like this and prowings has never taken a shot, I still don't think that's enough. They have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is an bystander in this and work up from there. I certainly do hope that he made some mistakes and FT catches him and the money is returned to OP. My gut tells me that prowings is a POS, but that and a dollar will buy you a bag of chips.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 PM

maybe some 2p2ers could sit with prowlings and just clean him out, just see every flop 9 ways and he's bound to lose