Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Rant: People who can\'t spell

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In conclusion: Please teach your children how to spell correctly and use proper grammar. It will help them not look like morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean "morons." Was this irony intentional?

[/ QUOTE ]
That spelling is frequently used in that context. So yes, it almost certainly was intentional.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 PM

My best friend can't spell worth a lick.

He also almost ALWAYS says 'left', when he means to say 'right'. It's really weird because it never fails.

Also, once he gets into his head that a word is pronounced a certain way, it's virtually impossible for him to say it the correct way.

I don't care if someone I know can/can't spell, I just feel sorry for them if they can't.

My other buddy just graduated with a Business degree from a major university. He can spell about as well as the average 3rd grader I would guess. Something isn't right about that and his college should be ashamed of themselves for putting him out there on the job hunt with a degree from their school.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 PM

I can't spell worth a [censored] because I don't care. I could if I wanted too, but the truth is, spelling correctly is bogus same with grammar obv.

If you really think dyslexia isn't real your an idiot. I suppose people aren't color blind either, they just make it up right?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't spell worth a [censored] because I don't care. I could if I wanted too, but the truth is, spelling correctly is bogus same with grammar obv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could also beat Mayweather and kick 40 yard field goals easily. Truth is it's just not worth the effort.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my web browser makes a little squiggly mark under misspelled words, and i can just right click and replace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain this, because it would save me a ton of time from googling words I don't know how to spell right now.

I think me saying
[ QUOTE ]
Why would I want to memorize a bunch of crap I don't have to?

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't being understood very well. I wrote this to mean I'm horrible at spelling, but why would I try and get better? There's no reason to in today's day and age.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my web browser makes a little squiggly mark under misspelled words, and i can just right click and replace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain this, because it would save me a ton of time from googling words I don't know how to spell right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a standard feature in Firefox.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't being understood very well. I wrote this to mean I'm horrible at spelling, but why would I try and get better? There's no reason to in today's day and age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's a signal to people who don't know you. And it screams: I DON'T READ BOOKZ LOLZ.

If you're okay with giving out that signal (a lot of people obviously are from facebook, etc) to friends, potential employers, etc. then don't worry about it.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's a signal to people who don't know you. And it screams: I DON'T READ BOOKZ LOLZ.

If you're okay with giving out that signal (a lot of people obviously are from facebook, etc) to friends, potential employers, etc. then don't worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying though is that you can be horrible at spelling, and still not come off looking stupid. I'm horrible at spelling, but with very little effort (downloading firefox) I don't plan on spelling much wrong in posts anymore. Even before this I usualy would look up words I didn't know how to spell to make sure I didn't come off looking stupid.

edit: can't wait for people to point out all my mistakes now, including all the times I've spelled feel as feal.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying though is that you can be horrible at spelling, and still not come off looking stupid. I'm horrible at spelling, but with very little effort (downloading firefox) I don't plan on spelling much wrong in posts anymore. Even before this I usualy would look up words I didn't know how to spell to make sure I didn't come off looking stupid.

edit: can't wait for people to point out all my mistakes now, including all the times I've spelled feel as feal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does firefox usually correct usualy?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean "morons." Was this irony intentional?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, we spell certain words differently around here, clean it up.