Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Default A few questions for abolitionists

I'm a little bit behind on this whole anti slavery thing so you'll have to excuse me but to me it seems pretty obvious that it wouldn't work. Heres a few reasons why.

1. It's not like we can just abolish slavery and have a few million jobs just spring into existence. If you are an abolisionist I want a point by point account of the job that every freed slave will have under your system

2. There's this slave I know called Jeff. He was never taught to read or write and he's no good with numbers and things like that. Under your system someone could come along and trick him into working just for food and shelter. Don't you see? You are proposing a system where one human being could actually be enslaved to another human being. I think that's a pretty disgusting idea.

3. If you got rid of slavery you'd simply have a large group of angry ex slaves with no system to stop them being violent. Do you really want violence in the streets and people killing and destroying things right left and center?

Until these issues are addressed I really don't think any sensible person can support the idea of abolishing slavery. I look forward to hearing your response.