Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-23-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: what\'s the meanest thing anyone has ever done to you?

I played high school football too and I can still remember my hell nights from camp. But they werent that bad though.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:18 PM

Old 09-23-2006, 11:30 PM

I have hesitated writing this because it is almost too much to be believed, but I am bored, so here goes. This took place in the mid-80s.

I have a twin brother and a sister who is a year younger than me. I was thirteen and all we all wanted to do was go to summer camp before we were too old for it. All my friends went to a church camp from a very conservative local church. We didn't attend and at best we were lackluster churchgoers so we decided to go somewhere else.

We looked through brochures and tried to find something that my parents could afford on a tight budget. The final decision was Mountain Lake Summer Camp (may they all burn in hell), somewhere in Pennsylvania. We were there for two weeks.

The camp was coed and ages ranged from ten to fourteen. It was about fourty percent inner city black kids and the rest were basically hllbillies. We were the only suburban kids there. The place was dusty and clearly rundown, but we told our parents we would be fine. It will remain, to my dying day, the worst two weeks of my life.

I will now detail the things that happpened:

The Counselors -

- The food was inedible, so they exorted what little money our parents gave us. I will never forget that a cold Coke was $3 and a warm one was $2. Of course they went in to town and it cost them the same. Candy bars were $3. I forget the other prices they quoted. Just as often they would go grocery shopping and auction off the food at exorbitant mark ups.

- I was nearly shot. The one hot young counselor took us into the woods to shoot at a target with a .22. We all sat in a semicircle on a wooden platform and took turns. One kid tried to shoot and the gun wouldn't fire. The counselor looked down the barrell. Staring at the gun failed, so she put both hands on the stock and started pounding the barrell against the platform with the gun pointed directly at us. It went off and the bullett slammed into the tree behind my ear. I had a small cut from the bark hitting the back of my neck.

- We went on a hike. I wandered off into the woods to escape the other kids. Clarence, the fat black kid who sat alone reading his bible the whole time came with me. We were gone half an hour. When we game back everyone had left. We were on a mountain and it was getting dark and we were nine miles from the camp. We waited for half an hour and started walking. Finally we caught a ride with some hunters. I rode in the back with a dead deer. The hunters told us we were going the wrong way, and we would have ended up in the wilderness on the other side of the mountain.

- Nothing worked. I tried to ride the one bicycle that had all of its parts. The front wheel fell off as I was going down the hill. My face and arms were badly abraded. The counselors thought it was hilarious.

- This wasn't directed at me, but the counselor in our cabin initiated a 'prank' on Ed Gluck. He was a bit nerdy and thus was dead meat in a place like this. The prank was to wait until he feel asleep and then carry his cot and dump him into the lake while he was still asleep. Of course he nearly drowned and the water was extremely cold.

I don't want to make this too long so I will move on. There is much more though.

The Campers

- After lights out something hit me in the face. Rudy, an inner city kid, was trying to throw a D battery from his boom box at some other kid who insulted him earlier. It split my lip wide open and chipped a tooth. I was bleeding everywhere.

- All of us were beaten and abused. Their favorite was waffle butt. My brother and I were forcibly held down. They pulled down our pants and pressed a tennis racket on our ass. They then took a hairbrush with stiff plastic bristles and rubbed it across the racket. My ass bled copiously and it was agonizing to sit down.

- We were put on ATVs without any instruction. I was on the inside, Rudy was on the outside. I started going and he was alongside of me. He had obviously used the machines before. He sideswiped me, knocking the machine on top of me and rolling me down a ravine and into a thicket of thorns. Again, this was the subject of great hilarity.

- Any food or money my parents sent was immediately stolen and I could count on being beat up if I resisted.

- On our overnight camping trip I was kicked out of the tent so the other guys could make out with their 'girlfriends'. I slept outside and it was freezing cold.

- We were hit, chased and abused by the other campers so my brother, sister and I spent all day, every day in the woods and walking along the streams to avoid the other kids. Of course this wasn't always possible. I was hit dozens of times.

Ok, it is honestly still painful for all of us in the family to recount this stuff. We did the full two weeks there. I think it was because money was tight and we are a fairly stoic bunch as it is. We really hoped it would get better. My brother, sister and I debated calling and asking out endlessly, but we always decided against it.

Clarence, the fat kid, later wrote me a letter, or to be more accurate he wrote my parents a letter. They sued the camp, and he later won a substantial settlement and they went out of business. My parents did not sue, and that was after all of the stories. To this day I am a bit angry about that, and I don't understand what they were thinking.

I was scrawny, but my brother wasn't. By that time we weren't the kind of kids who screamed 'pick on me'. My brother was a football star, and I was a normal kid. We just had nothing in common with anyone else there and these were a bunch of angry troubled kids. I have wished death on everyone associated with that place for decades now.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:37 PM

kamp krusty? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2006, 11:45 PM

the guy who screwed his buddy to the tune of a grand is a huge, huge scumbag.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:48 PM

Does this bring back any memories? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this bring back any memories? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, the only good memory I have is that after telling my parents what happened I could get away with anything for a full year. Every sin was forgiven and every wish was granted. They really felt awful.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:50 PM

I'm sorry to say that I LOL'ed a few times in reading your story. It was obviously absolute hell for you. It sounds more like you were sent to juvenile hall, rather than a camp that was supposed to be "fun".

You're a very good writer, and your use of dry humour is awesome.

Thanks for sharing the story!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I swear I'm not Joe football, but I have another one, this time from high school:

As a sophomore at football camp (staying in camp houses away from home kind of deal), I had been playing cards all week with my Junior friends so I was missing out on all of the Senior abuse being handed out to Sophomores. Well the last night (Hell Night) rolls around and everyone packs up their crap for leaving the next morning. I am left with the clothes on my back.

The usual havoc of hell night starts and after a while, we look out the door and see the entire senior class approaching our cabin en masse. I mean everyone. They come into our house and immediately zero in on me, ignoring everyone else completely.

"XXXXX, you've been hiding from us all f*cking week! What the f*ck, you think you can just play cards and do whatever you want! Etc, etc!"

"Turn around and hold up the [censored] wall!"

So I turn around and put my hands on the wall like I am going to be frisked and they unload onto me everything left over from the week in a barrage of hate and venon.

Room temp sticks of butter squished into my ears, blueberries, flour , shaving cream, dog food, hot peppers, beer, milk, mustard, ketchup, eggs, and yelling all coming at me fast and hard. I am completely covered from head to toe, about an inch deep.

As fast as they came, they are gone.

My clothes are unusable for the night and I shower all the crap off and end up sleeping in a borrowed tee shirt and my own wet underwear with no blanket in an unheated camp in September.

Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you thought it was fun, how is that mean?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"MEanest thing to me......Pledge week at my fraternirty. I [censored] a goat. I had no choice, it was not that bad physically, but mentally....ugh."

This is so absurd that I have to ask: are you serious? Did this happen? Can you provide more details?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is not true. Shock value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, you'll always be OOT's goat-[censored]. My guess is you were drunk when you posted this *true* story, and are now regretting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I proudly accept the title of "goat [censored]"

You hit the nail on the head, drunk while posting...seemed hilarious at the time. I was just playing off the sterotypes of frats and animals. I dont regret it howerver, I still crack up at it's absuridity.

Somebody make me a gaot avatar and I will proudly display it.