Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-23-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Undercard results:

[ QUOTE ]
I got +260 on Pinny

[/ QUOTE ]+260 now.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Undercard results:

so did that put Hughes at -300? Wow, some incredible movement from that -105 he opened at.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: UFC 63 9/23/06

WOW..... I was disapointed going into the the Matt-BJ fight but that is by far the best 39.99 I have ever spent. Unreal fight.

If BJ came in shape I don't see how Matt could have beat him.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:48 AM

Penn is a way better fighter and totally dominated Hughes for two rounds. Awful cardio though. He was just a punching bag in round 3.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 AM

SWOPE IS GOD!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:52 AM

Damn, im a huge BJ Penn fan, sucks he wasnt in shape, u have to have tip top cardio for go more then 2 rounds strong.

He doesnt lose if he has good cardio, but when ur gased, u cannot stop takedowns like Hughes.

There will be a rubber match, dont worry.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Final Results and postfight thoughts: UFC 63

# Tyson Griffin -600 : 6 units to win 1 units : WIN +1 unit
# Jason Lambert +182 : 1 unit to win 1.82 units : LOSS -1 unit
# Roger Huerta -575 : 2.875 units to win .5 units : WIN +.5 unit
# Melvin Guillard -154 : 1.54 units to win 1 unit : WIN +1 unit
# B.J. Penn +186 : (arbitrage) : LOSS +0 unit
# Mike Swick -133 : 1.33 units to win 1 unit : WIN +1 unit
# Jorge Gurgel -620 : 3.1 units to win .5 unit : WIN +.5 unit
# Jens Pulver -672 : 3.36 units to win .5 unit : LOSS -3.36 units

Total on the night: 5-2 on straight bets, -0.36 units. 5-3 including the arbitrage opportunity loss.

A minor losing night despite the nice record, thanks to the underdog upset of Pulver. Had Pulver not gotten upset due to his slipping in his fight, we would have seen a +3.5 unit night despite missing on the underdog calls of Lambert and Penn.

Random thoughts from the night:

Its clear why BJ Penn had such tremendous value: he dominated the first two rounds (clearly winning the first two rounds on the cards) and was VERY close to - 30 seconds at most from - taking this fight home in the closing minute of the second round. However, its clear that something happened in the end of the second round - looked like he simply exerted all his energy in the closing minute of the second round trying to secure the submission, and when he wasn't able to close it out, his conditioning wasn't enough to keep up with Hughes. There's no question conditioning is a weapon for any fighter, and we knew Penn's was suspect: he definitely looked much better conditioned than against GSP, but still wasn't where he needed to be. If Penn wants to continue he needs to sign on with Team Punishment and let Tito take his conditioning to the next level. There's no question in my mind, based on Penn's absolute dominance of the first two rounds, that a fully conditioned BJ Penn would be the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Its a little rough as such a huge MMA fan to see Penn squander his amazing talent by not taking his conditioning to the ultimate level.

Pulvers fight was something pretty strange. Not sure if he had something on the soles of his feet, but it looked like he just straight slipped twice and his opponent capitalized both times. Clearly not him throwing the fight, but just the way these things can go: a slip (or two) and these fights can clearly completely change.

Lambert to beat Rashad, Lambert looked pretty good but Rashad's wrestling was just too good again. Probably the last time I bet against him - but I still can't stand him as a fighter. Hopefully he takes a page from Josh Koschek and realizes that the Lay and Pray fighting school isn't the one to train with, and he'll learn some technique and some striking to go with his amazing explosiveness and wrestling. Koscheck looked great at the last UFN, I'm not nearly as impressed with Rashad but its clear that Rashad is going to be very tough to beat.

Swick fight went my direction but I don't feel that Swick is ready to go to the next level. I think Franklin will absolutely tear Swick apart. Hopefully they give Swick one more fight to hone his skills before letting Franklin demolish him. We saw how tentative Loiseau was in the first two rounds, and I think thats directly a result of Franklin pounding him so hard last time. I'd hate to see Swick go in, get pounded, and falter the way Loiseau has.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Final Results and postfight thoughts: UFC 63

[ QUOTE ]

Swick fight went my direction but I don't feel that Swick is ready to go to the next level. I think Franklin will absolutely tear Swick apart. Hopefully they give Swick one more fight to hone his skills before letting Franklin demolish him. We saw how tentative Loiseau was in the first two rounds, and I think thats directly a result of Franklin pounding him so hard last time. I'd hate to see Swick go in, get pounded, and falter the way Loiseau has.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Franklin is gonna make it past Silva?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Final Results and postfight thoughts: UFC 63

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Franklin is gonna make it past Silva?

[/ QUOTE ]

Silva can strike, but he has no ground game.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:50 AM

Default post fight comments

im going to see if i can claim crow's shrink as a business expense.

did ok. swick almost sank me. what a friggin goof. 'gimme franklin', bitch please. i hope they *do* feed him to franklin before they let silva send him limping off to KOTC.

oh and friggin penn, way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again. sanchez is going to send him packing if he doesnt find his muse. country breakfast's future against gsp looks shockingly bright.

8 units on hughes = +3.5 units
5 units on crow = -5 units
7.5 units on evans = +3.5 units

+2 units overall