Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Amazing what my class had to say about 9/11

[ QUOTE ]
People are so dense.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have done absolutely nothing to support any of your claims on this board.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at one point 70% of Americans thought that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks. People are stupid. Oh, and if anybody believes the loose change video, show them this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This Popular Mechanics article is as weak as all the far-fetched conspiracy propaganda. Sure, it's easy to refute the myths that are obviously ridiculous, or the one's that were never really 'myth's' to begin with.

Personally, I don't believe there was a conspiracy, but the problem with the theorists (and generally, conspiracy theorists with any 'conspiracy') is that they push all the ridiculous and fantastic and sensational ideas. This discredits the more subdued and reasonable ideas

Like I said, I don't believe in the 'conspiracy' but to this day, countless arguments on internet forums and the like, there are a few key things that have never been addressed.

Anyhow, I apologize for getting involved in another discussion in the first place. Some of the notions and beliefs that leak out sadden and frustrate me on so many levels.

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. Im so sick of seeing that article thrown around as if its the definitive word on this subject.

This is just one of those things that we probably will never know the truth about. You can believe one way or another, or somewhere inbetween. However if you cant see that either is possible, thats pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it may be true that the Popular Mechanics article is less than definitive, it's patently absurd to assert that "we'll never really know the truth."

We know exactly what happened, how, and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre being serious? bah I wish I just stayed away from this crap. People are so dense. You really do believe that there are no mysteries surrounding 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there are certainly mysteries surrounding 9/11... like how the 14 people in the 4th floor of the second tower survived despite being in the building when it collapsed.

However, we know exactly who orchestrated the attack, how it was done, and why.... and the "U.S. government" had nothing to do with it.

Your earlier post sounded like you believe it is like a coinflip--maybe terrorists, maybe the gov't. That's beyond absurd.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre being serious? bah I wish I just stayed away from this crap. People are so dense. You really do believe that there are no mysteries surrounding 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mysteries? I don't. Keep looking for conspiracy theories to help justify things you don't/can't understand.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 PM

what claims did I make?

no I dont think of it as a coinflip between the two. Where you came up with these two and only two possibilities as to what happened is beyond me. Lots of things could have happened, I dont know how you all are so sure that you know exactly what it is that actually took place.

Cant you see that I can say almost the same thing back to you. "Official story? Keep believing everything FOX tells you to help justify things you dont/cant understand"
Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mysteries? I don't. Keep looking for conspiracy theories to help justify things you don't/can't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think "can't" is the key word.

And what are these mysteries? Planes were crashed into a building. The buildings suffered structural failure. They fell to the ground. Lots of people died.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well the US underproduces food, as do many 1st world countries, and 16000+ children die daily from starvation, which is a pretty [censored] way to die, thats pretty sick for tragedies that can be controlled(at least better than they currently are)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it was just highlighting how terrible things can be in the world, US and other 1st world citizens live a spoiled life, many thousands of people die daily to very preventable diseases, look at how AIDS is destroying Africa, and how the first world is not doing nearly as much as they could be to fix the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

So it is our job to "spread the wealth"? We are the bad guys because we are doing well when others are not? I wonder how much tax money our government has spent in third world countries?

Just imagine how the world would work if all the fortunate people shared with all the unfortunate people... oh wait that's COMMUNISM, and it doesn't work.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what claims did I make?

no I dont think of it as a coinflip between the two. Where you came up with these two and only two possibilities as to what happened is beyond me. Lots of things could have happened, I dont know how you all are so sure that you know exactly what it is that actually took place.

Cant you see that I can say almost the same thing back to you. "Official story? Keep believing everything FOX tells you to help justify things you dont/can't understand"

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because this wasn't the "official story" of the NYT, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Reuters, and the AP. Just Fox News.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No kidding....most countries hate us, but we're expected to feed everyone (as argued above)? [censored] that [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

OTB, I think we would get along.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it is our job to "spread the wealth"? We are the bad guys because we are doing well when others are not? I wonder how much tax money our government has spent in third world countries?

Just imagine how the world would work if all the fortunate people shared with all the unfortunate people... oh wait that's COMMUNISM, and it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, dude, don't you get it? We're the dominant nation/superpower in the world. That means we're inherently evil and the source of most of the world's problems, but we're expected to feed EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THAT CAN'T FEED THEMSELVES because we're the dominant nation/superpower in the world--right? Makes perfect sense.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No kidding....most countries hate us, but we're expected to feed everyone (as argued above)? [censored] that [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

OTB, I think we would get along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought the same before in other threads.