Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: sustainable?

are those pretty much your stats on a bigger sample? whats your winrate over 30k hands?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Ok so I have a little under 30k hands, and by posting these resuls i'm not challenging anybody's style or way of playing. This is just the way i've been playing and remember its only at 100nl not like 400nl-1000nl like you play shipurstack. I actually sweat you a lot and admire your game.

The truth is i'm not really comfortable playing a high variance style at the moment and nittier lower variance smaller winrate suites me and my BR right now

I'm always up for constructive critism if you have any.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 AM

**beware** not heads up poker:

i ve been drinkin and felt like postin random garbage as i play and drink, heres hand #1, i veeen compverted it, damn im a comptent drunk:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.43)
UTG ($2.45)
MP ($3.07)
Hero ($10)
Button ($9.59)
SB ($4.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.82) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.22) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($3.22) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $5.22

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 5c Ah (high card, ace).
Hero has 8s 7s (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins $5.22. </font>

seeeeeeeeeeeeen
Old 09-08-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
**beware** not heads up poker:

i ve been drinkin and felt like postin random garbage as i play and drink, heres hand #1, i veeen compverted it, damn im a comptent drunk:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.43)
UTG ($2.45)
MP ($3.07)
Hero ($10)
Button ($9.59)
SB ($4.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.82) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.22) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($3.22) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $5.22

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 5c Ah (high card, ace).
Hero has 8s 7s (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins $5.22. </font>

seeeeeeeeeeeeen

[/ QUOTE ]
wow this guys good, lets rail him
Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 AM

You playing under rolled again?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:45 AM

i think im decently rolled, $250 roll for 5NL, 6 max

beat: i keep getting prank phone called
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 AM

thanks for posting that, everyone has got their own style and hu poker is cool cause they can all work. I actually think your stats look good, sure you don't play a lot of hands but the ones you are playing looks like you are playing them well. When you do start playing higher you will have to loosen up or you be pretty exploitable, but it seems to be working really well for you at nl100. Thats a good winrate good job

edit: also i would love to learn a low variance style lol the swings can be pretty tough
Old 09-08-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so I have a little under 30k hands, and by posting these resuls i'm not challenging anybody's style or way of playing. This is just the way i've been playing and remember its only at 100nl not like 400nl-1000nl like you play shipurstack. I actually sweat you a lot and admire your game.

The truth is i'm not really comfortable playing a high variance style at the moment and nittier lower variance smaller winrate suites me and my BR right now

I'm always up for constructive critism if you have any.

[/ QUOTE ]

few things...when i played 100nl i only played 100bb stacks, and i ran 46-48/30-35

I been playing 2/4 now for around 40k hands i'm 37/30 after 36k hands...however I started playing 2/4 playing mainly short stacks...which means you have to play a bit tighter.

also, while vpip is indicative to a point of tendencies...it doesn't necc mean you are too tight, or too loose. like anything, i think it all depends on your opponent. if i'm playing 100bb deep, i'll open up with way more hands and 3bet differently and call differently oop...and at 2/4, i think your calling range oop is much different from .5/1 or 1/2...however after playing short stax for a while at 2/4 i feel like my 100bb play got messed up a bit..but i'm not 100% sold on that cause right now i think i'm playing the best hu of my life...so i really can't complain.

that being said, i still make tons of mistakes. some sessions i run like i did at 100nl, but in general, i think it's much more difficult to push ppl around at 2/4 than it was at .5/1...a lot of the time i'm playing real nits that only bet when they have it or rarely bluff. i, on the ohter hand, despite having a 40ish vpip will put a ton of money in the pot postflop, do stupid things, yada yada, cause i'm playing with a big roll &gt;100 buy-ins for my limit. this was the same at .5/1...but i think the diff is at .5/1 a lot of guys look at 100 as nothing, so they A) either dont give a damn and play too many hands, or make too many calls, or B) do give a damn, and let them get run over.

at 2/4+ i personally think too many ppl give a damn, and so can be difficult at times to push around. i think if you can play 45/40/5 and be really succesfull at the higher limits (8ptbb/100+) then congratulations...that's pretty sick. it's just hard to play like that and beat regulars day and day out...and hard to beat short stax, that hit and run you, or only play nut hands, yada yada....a lot of this chit varies...there are 2/4 regulars that you can run over, adn there are very tough 2/4 regs...there are tons of horrid short stackers, and some good ones...and then the every day random guy with 15 buy-ins just playing to play.

point is, i think pf stats are overrated in hu play. they can give you a glimpse, but not the bigger picture. if OP plays a lot of shorter stacks, of course his vpip is going to be much lower...as it should be.

this month i've been playing more guys 100bb deep like i did in teh past, and if short stackers sit, i ask them to buy in 50bb deep...now i had a really horrible month last month at 2/4, mainly from losing to short stackers...but this month i've gotten my winrate back over 5ptbb and am hoping to keep it in the 8pt+ region.

this month i'm 8.5ptbb/100 so far at 2/4 after 11k hands...and i really think i've run pretty poorly. i've had 2 sessions start down 5-6 buy-ins and still come back to win 2-3, today was funny...i won 2.5 buyins in &lt; 50 hands, then dropped to -3.75 buy-ins, and finally ended the day up $160.

so i dont know what's going on..xcept that i handle myself well after 5+ buy-ins.

anyway, i think you should be playing guys deep at .5/1..most are horrible and it'll be good for you as you move up...however, i dont think your vpip should concern you that much. i've played plenty of ppl who seem to worry about that kinda [censored] and it's pretty hilarious.

oh and ship, ive never played you..mainly cause i rarely play 5/10 hu and if i would i'd def. not choose to play you. and ive never seen you play, just cause you always seem to have a sick stack. i get rejected action sometimes at 2/4, which i think is funny...cuz i tell ppl...i usually drop like 5 buy-ins at start of sessions...but then again, normally what happens is regulars know who the regs are and we rarely play each other...basically just pick on the weak players...both full stacks and short stacks..and adjust our game as necc...i think that is what any good player does, and really doesn't worry about a stat...but rather just making correct decisions and plays...i could go on but i feel like i just rambled a ton without thinking too much through.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 AM

yeah i don't really play any regs at all i join my own table and wait for someone to join, half the time its the same retards who i won't play everyday but yet still waste my time by sitting down. i'm pretty nitty about game selection but there is no reason not to be at these levels.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 AM

i was looking at my older databases, this is all the nl100 hu i played, i ran pretty good i guess. don't understand why it says 39 days but whatever 23 buyins in 2k hands is sick

Closed Thread