Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do u guys think that the move from minarchist to anarchist is an incremental change or a monumental leap in thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends if you're a moralist, utilitarian, or both. I'm mostly a utilitarian, and just need to be convinced government < free market for quality of life purposes. I think moralists have a bigger leap from coercion to no coercion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean you need to be convinced government < free market for you personally, or that you need to be convinced that government < free market for everyone in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone in general. Actually defining what that means is pretty hard. I guess a stab at it would be that if I were randomly reborn as someone else, which system has a higher EV for me. Obv there are wealth/happiness disparities that can skew that, but you get the idea. I don't really believe in "rights". In a perfect world, I think limited government > free market. I guess that's why I am a minarchist. In reality, where limited government is kind of a farsical thought, I don't know what to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone else need your approval?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? No one needs anyone's approval to do anything. There are just actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier you said:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly a utilitarian, and just need to be convinced government < free market for quality of life purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]