Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: 63s HU

Well, for the river, once he calls the turn check-raise (whatever the history and image):

1. He's missed his draw and will not call any bets. I don't see this as particularly likely so I would not go for a CR. I doubt he'd ever bluff raise so betting small, or checking, has to have less value than:

2. Betting as big as you like. He's calling any reasonable bet after calling the turn CR.

Flop and turn are really image/read dependent. I throw in the odd donk into a PFR HU so that it gives me that option when I hit a hand.

Personally, I'd bet the turn. Perhaps there is possibly more value in a check-raise, though, because he'll bet his whole range almost always. However, he'll probably call a lead with almost as wide a range. I mean, you don't minraise pf and then check-back the flop and fold on this board to a turn bet. In short, I prefer a lead because we are likely to bet more than he is. 80k as people say. He can and thus probably will bet less because he has position.

Once he bets, if you're going to raise, then it should definitely be more. I can't see any reason not to. Sure, he can four-bet, but thinking he will, HU for a bracelet, whatever your raise size, is optimistic. Obviously, whatever extra money you can get in on the turn, is almost always going to be doubled on the river.