Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: How do you handle this?

[ QUOTE ]
A player comments/speculates on hand in a multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recognize that this rarely matters. People aren't THAT stupid, they understand the possible hands that are out there. Still, you don't really want their thought process to be aiding your opponent. After the hand is done, politely and respectfully point out to the player what they have done and ask them not to.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: How do you handle this?

In general, just use basic human relations skills. As in life, people will do things that are "wrong". You don't always have to say something about it. Use your judgment to determine the times you should say something about vs. just letting it slide. When you do say something about it, do so with respect. In poker, using EV as your guide is often wise. You can allow -EV violations to occur and not say anything. I think a guy showing his hole cards to his neighbor who is not in the hand before mucking is one such situation. Another for me was a brief dispute over what happened to my $1 SB after there were button shenanigans. My $1 got accedently snatched by someone. Another player at the table was even aware of this. I could see it wasn't worth arguing about, so after a brief, "what happened to my dollar?" I shrugged my shoulders and tossed another chip in. The game was going smoothly, all the players were happy - no need to ruin that by trying to discover where my freaking dollar went.