Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: bankroll

Well bigger comfort zone but fact is I don't know how good you are. You could have a 1000 buy ins but if you are a loser it will all go.

I keep referring people to pzhon's rules on bankroll - search if he doesn't come on here.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Defintly too low IMO for NL25. A 20-25 buyin minimum would be good a start. For me, a 40 buyin minimum will be required as I get nervous during the swings and a bigger bankroll helps keep me sane.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

The 20 buyin guideline can be a bugger. I moved up to NL25, went up 2 BI and then down 5 more [I went stoopid], so now I need to win back 7.5 BI @ NL10 just to scramble back to where I was again.

OK, I'd have no problem dipping into my piggy bank if I went bust, so my 'virtual' bank roll is much bigger than my online account. But exercising a little self-discipline now seems like a good habit to get in to for when I go [hopefully] even higher. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 PM

i am sitting at a 60$ roll, i play 3$ nl(fulltilt) right now and started today with 40$ made it in less then 2 hours . Will move to 10$ NL when i have at least 150$ in it. But thats cuz I will feel comfortable to play with that amount. If you make money at 25NL then keep with it, dont move to 50NL untill you have at least 750$ and feel comfortable playing there.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am sitting at a 60$ roll, i play 3$ nl(fulltilt) right now and started today with 40$ made it in less then 2 hours . Will move to 10$ NL when i have at least 150$ in it. But thats cuz I will feel comfortable to play with that amount. If you make money at 25NL then keep with it, dont move to 50NL untill you have at least 750$ and feel comfortable playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]
bs
ftp don't have 3nl ring game.
the lowest is .5/.1 10nl