Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]

About the Doyle vs. Jamie hand :

I think vs. a tough opponent Doyle's fold was correct, but against Jamie it was wrong. The reason is that Jamie seems to play the river absolutely horribly. He never value bets thin and he often bluffs tiny. Against a good player Doyle would have to call the turn and then face another big river bet, which would be a very evil decision. Like for example if it was Antonius who raised the turn I would crap my pants.

Against Jaime, you can just fold the river to a huge bet, and perhaps call a tiny one. Hell if he checks the river you can probably value bet him because he has a lower flush there a lot.

It's definitely a very thin spot, but the fact that you have an edge on Jamie on the river makes it pretty ++EV to call IMHO.

Doyle may have also been just taking it easy to make sure he didn't lose a big pot and tilt himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that JG thinks he has the best hand so as you said he won't value bet, he'll prolly shove and Doyle can't call a 250-300K bet on the river with that hand so he would be wasting 75K (if another spade comes JG will bluff and then there's no way Doyle is calling)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but Doyle's call would have made him consider...