Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: How many buyins have you lost and recovered?

[ QUOTE ]
He's not talking about how much you lost in a specific session, he's talking about swings overall, which can easily run into double digits even for solid winning players. Players in high variance games with smaller edges are prone to this (especially if they have a high variance style of play).
To answer OP, my biggest NLHE downswing (since I've started counting) has been 8 BI in a 7k hand stretch. You will see more drastic numbers than this though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you get it!! I have a friend that regularly plays 5000NL online and he has had several 20+ buyin swings. Those that have had only 3 or 4 buyin swings either don't play stakes that this can occur or don't play the number of hands in a month that I am referring to
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 PM

i lost 27 when i started NL200, pretty nasty.

now i am up
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 AM

I reread it and understand now your talking about over multiple sessions. My answer after reviewing my spreadsheet is still 3 for live cash play. I've never been deeper than that before recovery since I started keeping records first of July this year. 100.5 hours of play (includes a few tourny's $70-500 buy in) I rarely play cash on the internet so I'm certain others have many many more hours to account for the expected larger swings.