Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 10-31-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: What are the top pros worth?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Guy Laliberté >> billionaire

[/ QUOTE ]

The above player in bold,is the ONLY player that is 100% accurate.I cannot even fathom how any of these other estimates were obtained,accurate,or verified?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. We can write theorize into the next century how much we 'think' ppl are worth but never know concrete figures on ppl's BR or how it's managed or how much of their action is staked etc. And as stated in previous replies, net worth != BR. That kind of thinking is for morans imobbq.

Topic should really be: Theorize what you THINK big name pro's BRs are.

Any of you personal bankers for any of these guys? Doubt it. And if you are, want to risk your job for a bunch of railtards? (see previous answer)

[/ QUOTE ]

in short, we should remove the word "gossip" from this forum's title? well played.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brad Booth is worth approximately 1 million "cool millions"

He is a very rich man, ladies and gentlemen.

Actually you might be intersted in knowing that i watched this "High Stakes Poker" tv show one time and actually watched mr. Brad Booth buy into said tv show with a Cool Million.

[/ QUOTE ]

so old and so stupid.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 PM

As another poster touched on, BR requirements are usually quite a bit higher that the 20 BI figure that always gets thrown around.

In this case, I can't fathom what kind of BR a player in this particular game would need, but I'd bet it's pretty high. I don't know what kind of edges they have on each other, but I suspect they're pretty good over this billionare.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold must have a damn deathwish with regards to his own money to sit in a game that size with that line-up. The only guy in that game that I don't think is a significant favorite to Gold is Guy (and I doubt Guy is anything but a small dog to Gold).

I'm sure Gold's selling some of his action, but my question is, who the hell is buying it in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt under estimate Guy in these short sessions.

fundamentally, jamie has been playing better, but still, he'd be better suited to keep his mouth shut and not give off so many tells against this line up.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:40 PM

I don't think 500K should be considered 1 buyin. If they're playing 500/100/100 it's not 1 buyin (I wouldn't say 5 either).
I'm preety sure most of these guys sold over 50% of their action
Old 10-31-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant imagine 500k being too high for Doyle or Barry. They both have to be worth over 10 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

SINCE WHEN DOES NETWORTH = BANKROLL

GOD BAN ME FROM NVG ONCE AND FOR ALL SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP SEEING WHY IT'S THE CESSPOOL FOR HUMAN MISINFORMATION

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't ban you just from NVG, but if you would like, I can ban you from all of 2+2. Let me know.

Regards,
--jman220
Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 PM

i think that most pros think in terms of bankroll=net worth. i know that i lump it all together. there are a few very disciplined types that seperate the two, but that isn't the usual story. also, i think that most gamblers lump unpaid debts into the 'asset' category when determining their net worth, when in fact many of these debts should be listed at a big discount. lending money is just such a bad idea. --ba
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM

Lot of blah blah about this 500k buy-in game but it isn`t much different then the last few episodes of the last season.

The blinds are the same (with mandatory straddle but players were straddling most of the time every season so far anyway)

There was over 4mill at the table last season.
Brad - 1 mill, PA 500k , Ivey and David 300k each etc etc.

The only thing out of ordinary in next week game is the rich fish and I`m sure all of the Pros will be gunning for him and stay out of marginal situations against each other.

I think it`s silly to bring such a great source of income like Guy and humiliate him on TV when he is losing millions to them online and live already.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 PM

Phil Ivey: 200 cool 1 million's
Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't "BloodsweatandTears" Say that in order to play comfortably you need 100 buy ins. 500k x 100 = 500million BR. I guess everyone is under rolled for this game besides Guy Laliberte. Doyle is right!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. awesome maths

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao