Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 10-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: [x] BUSTO

You are down around 20k, you should be up around 9k-20k, there is the interpretation.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM

u once challenged me to HU4ROLLZ, i guess now would be a good time to take u up on that?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u once challenged me to HU4ROLLZ, i guess now would be a good time to take u up on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

link?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give me a screen shot of just the luck graph.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between the graphs, exactly?

edit: I mean, what does the EV graph calculate that makes the gap wider than the all-in luck graph?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should write an FAQ for this and have it stickied but here is the simple version:

The Game Analysis Tab calculates your sklansky bucks for every street in a hand, based on how much money was put in based on your showdown equity on that street. This would be the optimal way to calculate IF ALL HANDS made it to showdown. I've explained a number of times why its not accurate based on several factors but I don't feel like explaining it all again so just trust me. When looking at the graph you first posted, here is what the lines mean. The blue line is the actual amount you won at showdown, the red line is the amount you should have won at showdown. The green line is the amount you won overall, including both showdown and non-showdown hands. So looking at your graph you lost around 47k at showdown and you should have only lost about 3k at showdown, so your net run was about -44k. Add that to your total winnings of -22k and you should have won around 22k overall. The fact that your green line is above your blue line is a good thing because it shows you are winning a lot of money in non-showdown pots (the opposite of Fgators).

The allin luck tab calculates your equity only after you have gotten allin. So basically this is how you are running once the money has already been stuck in. This also has its fair share of inaccuracies but not nearly as many as the Game Analysis Tab. In your example you are down nearly 29k in equity after you get allin, therefore if we add this to your -22k in actual winnings you should have won around 7k, make sense?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Unfortunately poker ev doesn't do coolers or running good.

case 1 - cowpig puts all in with middle set versus top set. his sklansky shows up as negative even though it was correct to get the money in.

case 2 - cowpig calls $100 on flop drawing to 1 outer. He hits and wins $500 on turn. Incorrect to call but his sklansky will show up as positive here.

maybe I'm missing other cases
Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately poker ev doesn't do coolers or running good.

case 1 - cowpig puts all in with middle set versus top set. his sklansky shows up as negative even though it was correct to get the money in.

case 2 - cowpig calls $100 on flop drawing to 1 outer. He hits and wins $500 on turn. Incorrect to call but his sklansky will show up as positive here.

maybe I'm missing other cases

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing a ton of cases but you're on the right track. I've explained it all before its not really worth it.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

no clue, im feeling like june or july? im offended u dont remember, im just another notch on ur bedpost
Old 10-22-2007, 02:53 PM

your green is above your blue

that means you're better than most
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 PM

HEY SWEET ANOTHER POKEREV THREAD WHERE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND
Old 10-22-2007, 02:58 PM

welcome to poker max, I HOPE UR HEADS A LIL SMALLER NOW