Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: hiring a maid

i'd suggest you at least make the effort to take care of as many things as possible and only use the maid for the serious stuff (like say, cleaning your shower, etc).

i, like you, (i live in cr) had a full time maid that did everything. i didn't so much as throw things i'd eaten next to my computer in the trash below my desk because i'd crumple the foil and put it to the side and she'd put it in the wastebin before i bothered to do it. bed made, laundry never ever close to running out, everything smells nice, etc. was great until i had to fire her and realized i'd degenerated back into exactly what i was when i moved out of my parents (non independent slob).

but yeah, i'm not going to say it's better to spend a couple hours wiping down your counters and cleaning out your toilet instead of grinding it out online or whatever the hell you do with your time if its worth more than the maid charges, just suggesting you at least make an effort to take care of as many things as you can and outsource as little as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]