Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: why hockey is dumb

3 points for a win ftw.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:19 PM

Wow you are dumb, Jessica.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
couldn't the two teams just do nothing for 3 periods then guarentee themselves at least 1 point. seems dumb that teams are wasting all their energy to go for 2 or 0 points alot of the time when they can have 2 or 1.

[/ QUOTE ]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, I HATE HOCKEY BUT I THINK THIS IS SO STUPID. What would happen if every team played for a tie? What would happen if every game ended in a tie? I can't possibly fathom why anyone would play for A WIN!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 PM

obviously not EVERY team is going to do this. since no one is now, if group of like 5 teams in each conference decided that when they played any other team in this group, they would play like this (they could still play real hockey for the first two periods to impress fans but just make sure its tied after 3), then those 10 teams would have an advantage over the rest of the league.

plus they could have games when they played other be like 7-7, 11-11 after regulation which would also bring more fans in cause scoring is fun to watch and 2-1 games are boring as [censored].

also,

"What would happen if every game ended in a tie?"

i don't know if you follow hockey but games don't end in ties anymore.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:41 AM

SOME EXAMPLES WHY HOCKEY IS NOT DUMB:

1) It does not rely on an umpire to call balls and strikes. Either the puck is in the net, or it is not in the net.

2) If a player on Boston's team taunts a player on the opponent's team - they can fight. And the benches don't clear. They usually stay out of the way and applaud the effort of their teammates.

3) The action is fast and more continuous than the other sports out there. While the other sports games get longer and longer, hockey has worked to keep their games moving.

4) Hockey has a great combination of skill and luck imo.

5) You have to man up to play hockey. I have seen plenty of games and if you aren't accountable for you actions, you will eventually get yours.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) If a player on Boston's team taunts a player on the opponent's team - they can fight. And the benches don't clear. They usually stay out of the way and applaud the effort of their teammates.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason the benches are allowed to clear in baseball is because baseball is the only sport where 9 players from one team are on the field while 1 player from the other team is. They do this to protect the individual from a 9 on 1 beating.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM

This has to be the stupidest OP I have ever seen on these forums. Think for like two seconds.

This is a business. The players don't get paid unless fans spend money. Fans don't want to see this, obviously. They would be cutting themselves off of millions of dollars by doing this.

How did this not get locked?