Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Limping from SB in general

[ QUOTE ]
I remember Pokey posted something about the advantages of playing this loose passively from SB although I don't have a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be referring to Pokey's day in the well.
He describes some interesting ways he plays out of the blinds, especially the SB.

Here's an excerpt, I'll quote it since the entire thread is pretty long:

[ QUOTE ]
acidca said:
[ QUOTE ]
Do you often pull any moves that are nonstandard?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokey said:
[ QUOTE ]

All the freakin' time. My most common "nonstandard" move is limping any crappy hand that amuses me in the SB. Another is open-completing the SB heads-up against the BB, which I will do with most of my hands (up to and including AA). Another is open-limping speculative hands from EP on a table of calling stations (which SHOULD be standard but isn't, because 2+2 dogma is too strong and people think open-limping makes the devil smile). Another is almost never three-betting unless I have to do so to isolate. On the flop, my most common "nonstandard" move is to B/3BAI with any monster and any good draw. Another nonstandard flop move (which SHOULD be standard) is to often use the right of first bluff to steal the pot from SB when the flop is all low cards (again, it helps that I complete any random crap -- it makes it much more likely that the 943 flop actually hit my hand). Another nonstandard move I make is calling huge overbets with good-not-great hands if the situation is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also another related section in there where he discusses his unusual plays out of the blinds, you can do a find. Here's what to look for:

Pokey said:

[ QUOTE ]

OMG, you probably don't want to follow my advice in blind play, because it's WAY weird.

I complete over 40% of my hands from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]