Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-10-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Child\'s QQ -v- Yang\'s JJ

[ QUOTE ]
Because he said right away 'I dont think i can lay this down'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Childs say this when held 10,10 and not the QQ hand?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 AM

He does say "I don't think I can lay this down" to his Dad, who then tells him just to "keep playing how you've been playing", which seems to suggest for him to err on the side of caution.

I still don't understand how you can take an OOP jab for a large portion of your remaining stack on the flop, and then fold to a repop. It's so mindblowing. Even when Childs is folding doesn't seem sold on the idea that he's behind. I think his dad sold him on the idea to be cautious and wait for a better spot. Moran.

And why not shove preflop? Unbelievable.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM

One player per hand.

Why wasn't he penalized for consulting with his Dad while the hand was still live with decisions yet to be made?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Let's not forget Childs also could have taken Yang out when he got bluffed off KK by Yang's QJ.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Doesn't make sense to lead the flop, then fold after haivng invested this much of your stack. Despite it being early in the final table, Childs had to have some previous experience with Yang and thus could have easily put JJ/TT/AcXc in his range here.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't make sense to lead the flop, then fold after haivng invested this much of your stack. Despite it being early in the final table, Childs had to have some previous experience with Yang and thus could have easily put JJ/TT/AcXc in his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what baffles me. With Jerry's aggrodonk image, stack, as well as the strength of Childs hand in relation to that board, how one could lay down QQ here amazes me.

Plus, Childs played it SO good up until the fold. He raised UTG, got reraised, smooth called the maniac, got a dry flop with no A or K, and then did a "weak" lead out into a guy who loves to come over the top of weakness with a myriad of hands.

The plan should of been "I'm leading to give this guy the opportunity to do something dumb"; he did, and Childs STILL couldn't pull the trigger.

If Jerry has a set, AA/KK......you just gotta tip your cap to the guy and call it a night.

Get it in the middle, brother!
Old 10-10-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Childs played it SO good up until the fold. He raised UTG, got reraised, smooth called the maniac, got a dry flop with no A or K, and then did a "weak" lead out into a guy who loves to come over the top of weakness with a myriad of hands.

The plan should of been "I'm leading to give this guy the opportunity to do something dumb"; he did, and Childs STILL couldn't pull the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what baffles me. With Jerry's aggrodonk image, stack, as well as the strength of Childs hand in relation to that board, how one could lay down QQ here amazes me.

Plus, Childs played it SO good up until the fold. He raised UTG, got reraised, smooth called the maniac, got a dry flop with no A or K, and then did a "weak" lead out into a guy who loves to come over the top of weakness with a myriad of hands.

If Jerry has a set, AA/KK......you just gotta tip your cap to the guy and call it a night.

Get it in the middle, brother!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget Childs also could have taken Yang out when he got bluffed off KK by Yang's QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close to being the same...Yang bet his gutter draw an Ace flopped...95% of 2p2ers would muck the KK in that spot
Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way that hand results in Yang getting knocked out is if somehow they both see the river and Childs ends up making kings full. Not likely.

The QQ vs. JJ was a totally different situation in which Yang was willing to go broke on the flop. He was not willing to go broke in the other hand with just a gutter.