Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: $20 Deepstack - river line with 2pr.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my turn raise was to lower pot and implied odds on flush and two pair draws. i didn't think he had KJ, since i think KJ is always reraising this drawy flop. his turn line looks a LOT like a flush draw trying to block the turn so he can get very good odds to hit and by repopping to 8k, i'm not letting him make any mistakes. i can get the same information with both these raises (if he shoves over, i am likely beat), but i don't induce any mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you his turn line does look like a flush draw, however, then he called a monster re-raise, which diminishes that theory. I see him checking the river to induce a bluff. You want to diminish his pot odds I understand, but you are not doing that by overinflating a pot that you really have no idea where you stand, and the fact that you have little to no FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, after calling that big raise it doesn't look like a flush draw anymore. however, we are trying to figure out the best line for a hero in a similar situation that doesn't know for sure if villain has a flush draw on this board or not. you still contend that flatting the turn is correct in all instances similar to the one above?

(kind of confused myself there. i will elaborate more if you don't understand what i'm saying/asking)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I still think that calling the turn is the best way to go, I just think we are beat to often by something like two pair or a set. AA could also have just flat called the flop as well. I think that trying to get to a cheap showdown is best because we are not folding, a combo draw or set, and there aren't too many top pair hands out there that are in his range that didn't hit two pair on the turn.