Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 07-24-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Has anyone played at Treasure Island in Vegas?

Well I am finally back home(sore throat, congestion, headache and all). Treasure Island was a very nice experience. The dealers were very friendly and one even played several hours of 1-3 no limit with us during the afternoons. I played in 5 tournaments(chopped in 1 cashed in 2 others). I did not get to play as much poker as I would have liked but found the play to be very soft. Did lose a huge pot to a European(maybe Russian not sure) maniac who chased his queen high flush draw down till the river. I did play one night at the Venetian but the game was super tight. I have a feeling it was a bunch of regulars. Much props to the Social House for great food, wine, and sake.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:15 PM

What were the turnouts like for the tournaments/prizepools if you dont mind me asking?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:27 PM

They varied alot. All had at least 20. If you got to 25 or more before the start it payed out 6 otherwise just 4. The 7PM had 50 one night but Sunday night only had around 30ish. I two way chopped for first in a 25-30 person tourney and we split just under 1K. Actually that brings me to another question. If I won just under 500 how much should I have tipped the dealers since we chopped?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM

October Sky,

Would you mind sharing what dinner at Social House set you back and for how many people? Could I trouble you to break that down by food and booze?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM

With tip 200 for two people, but that included a 60 dollar bottle of Pinot Grigio wine and 50 dollar bottle of sake.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
October Sky,

Would you mind sharing what dinner at Social House set you back and for how many people? Could I trouble you to break that down by food and booze?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dined there last week.

We had an incredible table, overlooking the Strip and the Sirens show, outside, on the terrace.

Our total bill for three people was $140, not including tax, but including gratuity.

We used poker room comps to pay for the meal, and tax does not get added on comped meals. We gave an 18% tip, and only two of us had alcohol (one drink each).

Everything is served family style. The rols range from $10-30 or so. We also had the $50 lobster, which was quite good.

All in all, it was a restaurant where the atmosphere and social aspect is priority over the food quality. I would choose the Steak House over Social House for a high quality meal, but wpuld choose Social House over the Steak House for a long chat/social occasion type meal.

For a virtually free meal, it was top notch.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:20 PM

This Saturday I am planning on getting another 3/6 Mixed going. Not exactly sure of the timing, but am shooting for it to be up and running by 3-4PM or so. O8,Crazy Pineapple,Stud8,Badugi, and Razz are gimmies.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This Saturday I am planning on getting another 3/6 Mixed going. Not exactly sure of the timing, but am shooting for it to be up and running by 3-4PM or so. O8,Crazy Pineapple,Stud8,Badugi, and Razz are gimmies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I was feeling all good about getting to hit AC two weekends in a row and you have to throw this out there! I wish the price of a plane ticket to Vegas was the same as the bus ticket to AC!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 PM

I already have five players confirmed without even starting a list, so the game is a go.

They have already voted to include 2-7 as well (with a 4 card badugi or better qualifier for half the pot).

At least you have the beautiful Boardwalk! All we have is sand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 AM

This weekend I will be hosting a couple of low limit mixed games at TI.

The first is saturday morning at 9AM. It will be 2/4 limit ($1 bring in and ante in stud games).

The other one will be Sunday night at around 9PM or so. It will be 3/6 limit, and will the standard TI Mixed game.

We have been getting the mixed game going, with a full table, every time we show up lately, which has been nice to see.

Our mix always includes the following:

2-7 Triple Draw
Badugi
Razz
Stud 8
Omaha 8
Double Flop Omaha
Crazy Pineapple (8 or high only)

Though most tourists buy in for $100-200, it is not uncommon for some of the regulars to go overboard and buy for $500+, mainly to just have a showoff stack, though capping it predraw/flop is very common, especially in the night games.