Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 PM

Default new 200NL video (party) - with bounty hunt!

HERE

i apologize to all megaupload haters, but i couldn't find an alternative that allows >100MB files and doesn't abort my upload every [censored] time.

again i'm four-tabling 200NL at party (30 minutes). no audio, but there are some pretty entertaining hands.

BOUNTY HUNT: look for big, serious leaks in my game, that prevent me from winning in the long run at the 200NL party tables. $10 for every leak! i judge if the leak you point out is big enough, i will do my best to be fair. only the person who mentions a specific leak first gets paid. payment on moneybookers, partypoker or fulltilt.

mods: is this bounty hunt thing ok? if not, please don't delete the whole post, just the bounty part. thank you.

if you don't find any big leaks, please still post your comments!

my HUD setup:
(hands) VP$IP / PFR / AF
c-bet / shodowns when saw flop / bets river / folds river

0:10
33 -> set on the river
is my betsize ok? i guess he has air a lot of times (missed draw), what else will he play like this?
is it a call or fold if the river was a blank (no set) and he bets the same, considering his aggression factor of 4.8 and the fact that he bets 50% of all rivers?

0:30
77 -> overpair
is this ever a draw from a passive guy like this? would he overplay something like A6?

3:10
blind vs. blind -> get checkraised on KKT flop
situations like this completely puzzle me. i just can't believe he would play a K like this. what's the best line against this guy?

5:10
AJs SB -> button shorty shovels
i didn't give him any respect, but i also didn't want three callers behind me and play AJ completely OOP against a bunch of stations. was that ok?

9:15
AT SB -> button limper won't fold
he looks like a passive station, i probably should give up on turn already?

25:50
AJs vs. button
is my raise ok? should i bet less because he is shortstacked?

thanks!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: new 200NL video (party) - with bounty hunt!

someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeece comment!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM

I'll watch it as long as I don't get bored.

Downloading now.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM

haha... i dunno why nobody wants to watch ur vid but im with ya..its downloadin right now ill watch it whens its done
Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM

I got no sound?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got no sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
again i'm four-tabling 200NL at party (30 minutes). no audio, but there are some pretty entertaining hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll watch it as long as I don't get bored.

Downloading now.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you get bored, just skip to around 16:20 where eythorarnar enters the scene. he provides a lot of action.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0:10
33 -> set on the river
is my betsize ok? i guess he has air a lot of times (missed draw), what else will he play like this?
is it a call or fold if the river was a blank (no set) and he bets the same, considering his aggression factor of 4.8 and the fact that he bets 50% of all rivers?

0:30
77 -> overpair
is this ever a draw from a passive guy like this? would he overplay something like A6?

[/ QUOTE ]
These both look fine to me

[ QUOTE ]
situations like this completely puzzle me. i just can't believe he would play a K like this. what's the best line against this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I don't like this at all. I'm all for punishing people who open limp the sb, but T6 is just wayyyy to weak to raise vs. a 65/35 IMO. He'll call you with all sorts, so just check. Late in the vid you do the same with T7s, thats def fine vs. most players but still a little marginal vs. this maniac. As played I check behind the flop becasue
a) theres not that many worse made hands he can call with, we want to get a cheap showdown and control pot size
b)Induce a bluff, since he's a nutter, and
c)not too many bad turn cards for us (well any A,Q,J).
Since you bet , now when we're check-raised we're in a tough spot as we're either crushed or he is on a total bluff. I don't hate calling once, but I fold turn pretty quick to a pot sized bet.

[ QUOTE ]
5:10
AJs SB -> button shorty shovels
i didn't give him any respect, but i also didn't want three callers behind me and play AJ completely OOP against a bunch of stations. was that ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, take the dead money

[ QUOTE ]
9:15
AT SB -> button limper won't fold
he looks like a passive station, i probably should give up on turn already?

[/ QUOTE ]
It tilts me so much when donks float then make [censored] little 1/5 pot bets on the turn like that. I hate it but I normally fold there. He probably had 2nd pair pair or some [censored] like that I dunno.

[ QUOTE ]
25:50
AJs vs. button
is my raise ok? should i bet less because he is shortstacked?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine. I like 3bet size as then you have a pot sized bet left which is good for pushing some flops even if you miss.

The KK hand where you got stacked by eythoranar (~23mins)- Probably raise a little more pf (~$50-60) since you're deep and he'll probably call anything. Obv sick hand though, unlucky.

Everything else looked fine to me, you seemed to play pretty solid.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM

i play the 200 game on party too. currently downloading and will post some feedback.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I don't like this at all. I'm all for punishing people who open limp the sb, but T6 is just wayyyy to weak to raise vs. a 65/35 IMO. He'll call you with all sorts, so just check. Late in the vid you do the same with T7s, thats def fine vs. most players but still a little marginal vs. this maniac. As played I check behind the flop becasue
a) theres not that many worse made hands he can call with, we want to get a cheap showdown and control pot size
b)Induce a bluff, since he's a nutter, and
c)not too many bad turn cards for us (well any A,Q,J).
Since you bet , now when we're check-raised we're in a tough spot as we're either crushed or he is on a total bluff. I don't hate calling once, but I fold turn pretty quick to a pot sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks a lot for commenting!

ok, raising SB limpers (with weak hands) that will rarely fold and are aggressive, is a leak. i tried to estimate how many BB/100 i lose from that but it seems tricky:

it only happens when i'm at a table with a guy that often open limps and never folds to my immediate right and is tricky / aggro postflop.
so it is folded around, he limps, i raise ($5), then i c-bet 75% of flops for 10 ($7.5), that's $12.5 badly invested. but i guess i won't lose the whole $12.5, because sometimes (rarely) i will win preflop, sometimes on the flop, and sometimes i will hit a good flop wich is nice against someone who will rarely fold, but other times (like in above example) i lose some more.

against passive guys it will often check through to showdown and i have the best hand often because they play garbage too.
also i always have position wich should help my EV a bit.

if i filter my database for hands where i am in the big blind and raise preflop, it shows that i win 66BB/100, but this isn't restricted to hands where it got folded around to the small blind, so it's not really helpful.

conclusion: i have no clue how many BB/100 i lose doing that. but i accept it as a leak. if you want to get paid, PM me the details (screenname or moneybookers e-mail).

@ flop play:
i'll post the hand in a new thread because i think it's kinda interesting.