Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: BAN ON SMOKING

WHAT THE [censored] DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME SMOKING A CIGARETTE IN AN OPEN [censored] AIR AREA.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 AM

I think its funny that smokers (or defenders of) will admit that cigarettes have many carcinogens but won't admit that cigarettes cause cancer, because well, how do you know for sure that it was the cigarettes?? Maybe it was just an odd weather pattern!! lolz
Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 AM

Cigarettes will def kill me. I will have a heart attack stroke or cancer.

Ok now I admitted that so tell me why it matters if I smoke in the open air. No one is going to have an effect in the least from my smoke in the open air areas.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM

Smokers generally (as evidenced by some in this thread) will claim the limited smoke I inhale when they're smoking nearby outdoors is so small it doesn't matter.

Well, no, on two counts.

One, it smells awful. If I'm hanging around for a bus, or at a coffee shop, it just sucks to have you stinking up the place for everyone near by.

Two, I'm mildly asmatic. Cigarette smoke sets it off (though, oddly, not so much with pipe smoke). I will, quite literally, have trouble breathing if I'm subject to 2nd hand smoke for any length of time (1 hour is about my max in a bar, couple hours in an outdoor smoking area).

So, I'm all for banning smoking except within your own home. I'll agree, seems incredibly stupid to ban it within your own house. However, if you're renting, I'm in favor of the owner having the right to ban smoking in the house because smoking causes a lot of damage. Carpets have to be cleaned multiple times, the smell actually gets into the drywall and you can't really ever quite get rid of it.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One, it smells awful. If I'm hanging around for a bus

[/ QUOTE ]

buses and cars, on the other hand, smell like roses.

[ QUOTE ]
Two, I'm mildly asmatic. Cigarette smoke sets it off

[/ QUOTE ]

buy a bubble.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One, it smells awful. If I'm hanging around for a bus, or at a coffee shop, it just sucks to have you stinking up the place for everyone near by.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and while we're at it, let's ban farting in public too! Oh, and all those foreigners seem to smell pretty bad... let's ban them too!

[ QUOTE ]
Two, I'm mildly asmatic. Cigarette smoke sets it off (though, oddly, not so much with pipe smoke). I will, quite literally, have trouble breathing if I'm subject to 2nd hand smoke for any length of time (1 hour is about my max in a bar, couple hours in an outdoor smoking area).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah! I'm allergic to dogs, cats, peanut butter, Britney Spears, and jean shorts... let's ban them all!

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm all for banning smoking except within your own home. I'll agree, seems incredibly stupid to ban it within your own house.

[/ QUOTE ]
Banning it from other private property (bars, restaurants, etc.) isn't any less stupid.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 AM

Remember that guy that got in trouble at the WSOP for smelling awful and wearing the same shirt every day? heh
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM

its all Rob Rieners fault
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm all for banning smoking except within your own home. I'll agree, seems incredibly stupid to ban it within your own house.

[/ QUOTE ]
Banning it from other private property (bars, restaurants, etc.) isn't any less stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking is an invasive thing. Banning it where people congregate is the same reason for noise ordinances, public indency laws, and any number of other laws restricting the few from imposing on the many.

Private residences are one thing where the owner soley determines who visits. Private "property" isn't the same thing as bars are public places even if privately owned.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Smoking recently got banned in Pubs and clubs completely in the UK and I'm loving it. Banning people from smoking outside is retarded though.