Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: hands/hr. in a live game?

No one knows how to calculate your winrate as it has too many variables to calculate. This is why no one ever answers the how many hands do I need to know my winrate questions.

Of course after 200k hands you could make a good estimate of a true winrate, but this would be so biased due to that massive variables introduced by the 3 year time span that it would actually be totally useless. So there is a correct answer that I imagine lies somewhere between 10k-25k hands, and would have a somewhat significant deviation due to the inherent luck involved in poker. However there is no correct answer to the question " How many hands is enough to calculate my winrate " Needless to say 1k hands is far too small, and 200k takes so long to get that the data itself has been corrupted by changes in the poker player and the poker playing community that occur over time. Play 10k hands find your winrate, and I bet it is rather close to that in reality.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: hands/hr. in a live game?

[ QUOTE ]
Play 10k hands find your winrate, and I bet it is rather close to that in reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that it's "rather close", it's like "there's a certain probability that it's correct".