Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Fish in a Barrel...

[ QUOTE ]

...Nothing makes me happier than making a calling station fold. It's just that that is very difficult to do....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you be happy to make a calling station fold? If you are playing straightfoward ABC poker against a calling station you are only betting when you have a hand and you are never happy when he folds.

Maybe your problem is you know what ABC poker is, but you never practice it?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Fish in a Barrel...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...Nothing makes me happier than making a calling station fold. It's just that that is very difficult to do....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you be happy to make a calling station fold? If you are playing straightfoward ABC poker against a calling station you are only betting when you have a hand and you are never happy when he folds.

Maybe your problem is you know what ABC poker is, but you never practice it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

Some calling stations actually do fold. There is something that spooks them. It might be the size of the bet, it might be a paired board, it might be my image, it might be a three flush board when they have a straight draw, it might be folding the river always when they don't improve.

I get the part about not bluffing them and value betting good hands and I do that. However, I am trying to add a next dimension to squeeze a bit more out of them by recongnizing the exact situation(s) they are most afraid of and a bluff is actually +EV against these guys at that time.

I don't know about you but I am always looking for an edge. And when a strategy says something like "NEVER blah blah blah..", I like to dissect that and see if I can turn it into a MOSTLY. And of course, MOSTLY has to have positive expectation.