Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Results

I called as did the button and sb tabled 99. I played this one bad.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am surprised you didn't bet the turn. doesn't sound like you. did he have the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? If so, maybe some consolation that he probably would have called the turn anyway [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Dont usually post bet or check hands

Originally thought checking the turn was best. But now I think betting was probably better. Your overpair is essentially face-up after the flop play. They know what you got, and you're not sure what they got. (Reminds me of a recent hand where I 3-bet PF on button with KK. EP bet out flop and I raised, he called. Turn is a nothing, I bet and He CR, I call down his AA).

When you pound pre-flop, and the flop, if you bet, you have to bet/fold because your hand is face-up.

I think you can bet/call a lot more when the pre-flop action is just a raise (not a 3-bet), and the flop is just a bet (not a raise, or 3-bet), because this looks like AK, and invites people to take shots at you.

I think the way you played it is fine. Bet/calling down a better hand would have been horrible. I guess Bet/folding is optimal, but i couldn't do it myself yet...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am surprised you didn't bet the turn. doesn't sound like you. did he have the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? If so, maybe some consolation that he probably would have called the turn anyway [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He would've called the turn w/o it, but I think when button raised the flop and sb called 2 cold on that board I shut down when the gin card came. It was just a weird mistake on my part. Its hard to put both players on made hands there so I thought for sure 1 of the 2 was drawing, but I did not know either well enough (what I did know had me leaning towards a call down) to bet/fold, so I thought checking was the best option to see how the rest of the pot developed. It turns out that was not really that bad, bc at most there was 7 outs to beat me between the 2 of them.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Dont usually post bet or check hands

I would bet and fold to a raise. The button called 3 cold pf, then raised your flop bet. He would be hard fought to raise this turn with JJ or worse after all of the action you put in and the with the SB calling 2 cold on the flop. The SB coming to life with a turn check raise usually means you're cooked, especially if the button calls your turn bet.

If they are unknown to you, you are unknown to them. They have no reason to believe you are capable of releasing an overpair, are willing to bet/fold the turn, usually stay on the gas when a possible flush draw comes in etc. As such, I tend to play more straight forward against unknowns.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re:Turn

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the turn ready to give up and button checks. River is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and sb bets. What now?

[/ QUOTE ]

That 9 didn't beat you. You were either beat on the turn or still ahead. Call getting 11.5 to 1.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think betting the turn would have protected your hand? Seems as if SB was gonna call the turn for one bet.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think betting the turn would have protected your hand? Seems as if SB was gonna call the turn for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean I played it bad because the 9 came. I played it bad, because sb is terrible and could have anything as well as a bdfd, so like snowball said earlier, I should bet and fold if button calls and sb crs and call down in any other scenario.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he would have, but this turn is a must bet.