Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 08-31-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: river wtf mate?

Unless he is getting FPS on the turn with A5, I think I would raise the river too. Tough though, I'd hate to see a trey.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM

Gib plays shorthanded, and My guess is this isn't a "micro" limit hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gib plays shorthanded, and My guess is this isn't a "micro" limit hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum then!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM

well the only thing is he will fold his busted FD, but he will probably make a crying "wtf" call with TT-QQ, and KJ.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum then!

[/ QUOTE ]

Marquis,

Micro has long been a forum that's accepted posts from all stakes and all numbers of players at the table. Perhaps you'd prefer it if most of the best posters in this forum, who've tended to do well and move up, stopped posting here the minute they started playing either 2/4 full or any 6 max?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum then!

[/ QUOTE ]

Marquis,

Micro has long been a forum that's accepted posts from all stakes and all numbers of players at the table. Perhaps you'd prefer it if most of the best posters in this forum, who've tended to do well and move up, stopped posting here the minute they started playing either 2/4 full or any 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I used to post my 5/10 full hands in here. LHE is LHE.

Gib: In my experience triple donking usually means "I improved on the river" but the PFR makes me think this is an exception and he's getting screwy with Kx or some pair 66-TTish. Are you folding to a 3bet?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM

What do you think he calls with that you beat? KJ? His river donk is really strange unless he out you exactly on K3 or K4 on the flop. Nothing else he holds improved on the river unless he has you crushed ie 33/44/KK. We really can't put him on a 2 here, but the only think that is gonna call is.. maybe KJ/KT which you beat and AK which you lose to. All other hands you beat are folding and all other hands that beat you are 3betting. If he 3bets, you have to fold.

I don't see much value in this raise personally.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%! I still post many hands here because there are only like 5 people in the SS which actually post viable info.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum then!

[/ QUOTE ]

Marquis,

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy killer. I was kidding.

But as long as we're on the topic, I always think it's helpful to post the stakes and type of game. Certainly what's standard for 30/60 isn't standard for 5/10 which isn't standard for .5/1. I actually thought that posting the game information was one of the unwritten rules of the forum, like the rules about posting only 2 hands a day, not being able to post quad hands, needing permission to make a post where you offer to answer questions, etc.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 PM

"Certainly what's standard for 30/60 isn't standard for 5/10 which isn't standard for .5/1."

As you're on the subject, is there a thread specifically on the difference between .5/1 and 1/2?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Just call the river. You're not folding to a 3-bet and you might fold random PPs that villain has been donking to defeat.

Unless he's bad enough to call with 88...