Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-19-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Arizona State Poker Championship

I do think the structure of the tournament as far as the rounds and blinds went was good. My only complaint would be the break intervals. After the first break, it was 3 45-minute rounds between each break, that was 20 mins. I would rather have had 1-1.5 hours of playing with a 10 min break in between. Also, with play starting at 9am and only just finishing now, having a longer break at some point for a meal would have been welcome. I ended up eating at the table but that's kind of annoying to have to do since I have to shift my focus away from the action.

I've got to make one brag about a play. I can't quite remember what the blinds were at the time but with about 150 players left, I'd made a standard opening raise of 3x BB from UTG+2 with 55. A big stack called from the button. Flop came K93 with two hearts. I made a continuation half-pot sized bet which he raised. I realized that my small bet on a suited board probably looked suspicious and otherwise, something about his raise just felt fishy. After contemplating, I went over-the-top all-in and he called(was pot committed.) He showed AQ (not hearts) and my fives held up to win the pot. Not sure if this was a brilliant move or a stupid one but it worked out.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 AM

Well I just got home. Played for 12 hours. Made the final 20. My chip count is 266,500. I didn't stick around for long after the tournament but I think that puts me in about 18-14th in chips, maybe a little higher. I got really lucky on 2 hands, but other than that I got my money in good everyother time tonight. Like I have said in this thread I'm not much of a tournament player. I did have Aces 4 times in the 12 hours and never lost, 2 of which I only won the blinds.

The structure was as good as you can expect for an event in Arizona. The payout could be a little flatter, but If I win I will love it.

I do have some of the high limit players left to play with, and one 2007 bracelet winner. I'm going to have to run pretty good to come out on top, but it has been fun and a good change from playing 20/40 everynight.

Wish me luck.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I just got home. Played for 12 hours. Made the final 20. My chip count is 266,500. I didn't stick around for long after the tournament but I think that puts me in about 18-14th in chips, maybe a little higher. I got really lucky on 2 hands, but other than that I got my money in good everyother time tonight. Like I have said in this thread I'm not much of a tournament player. I did have Aces 4 times in the 12 hours and never lost, 2 of which I only won the blinds.

The structure was as good as you can expect for an event in Arizona. The payout could be a little flatter, but If I win I will love it.

I do have some of the high limit players left to play with, and one 2007 bracelet winner. I'm going to have to run pretty good to come out on top, but it has been fun and a good change from playing 20/40 everynight.

Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not a white kid in his early twentys who calls people a "weekender" are you?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 AM

Get'em Hass, take it down!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not a white kid in his early twentys who calls people a "weekender" are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

White kid yes
early twentys yes
but never used the term "weekender"
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Best of luck to you. Next stop the 60-120 game!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Well my "sucking" at tournament play was shining bright today. only took an hour for me to go out in 16th.

Tried to make a good call againt Ryan Hughes but he is just too good for me.

Ryan raises MP. I call in bb with AJs. the flop comes 8 high, check-check. Turn king, check-check. And the river is the wonderful J of diamonds. Check, Ryan bets, I call, he shows KQs for the winner. I won't post all of the hands that I got outplayed but there are a few more.lol.

Back to limit where I know what I'm doing.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:19 PM

So I just put my winnings in Statking and I'm not in the red for tournamets anymore. I am now a winning tournament player for the time being. $14/hour for 100 hours.lol.

Now I need to cash in a big one online because I'm about $3000 in the hole in online tournaments.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear you went out. Still, very nice showing for a single $100 satellite, congrats.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well my "sucking" at tournament play was shining bright today. only took an hour for me to go out in 16th.

Tried to make a good call againt Ryan Hughes but he is just too good for me.

Ryan raises MP. I call in bb with AJs. the flop comes 8 high, check-check. Turn king, check-check. And the river is the wonderful J of diamonds. Check, Ryan bets, I call, he shows KQs for the winner. I won't post all of the hands that I got outplayed but there are a few more.lol.

Back to limit where I know what I'm doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on a fine finish.