Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: reacting to a thief?

[ QUOTE ]
guids is the only one that wants revenge?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said that. Very few things piss me off quite like someone stealing from me. It's flat-out being violated and not something I would do to anyone else.

However, it's impractical to seek revenge on this guy for any number of reasons: he had an out, i.e. no way he could be charged with stealing anything as he hadn't gotten anywhere, he is a physically intimidating person who I don't want to have to worry about seeing on my normal train route in the future, and acts of aggression in front of people/cameras/whatever may backfire. On top of all this, you may have been the only one aware of what actually happened, so good luck getting witnesses on your behalf, thus it becomes your word against his and rarely are people going to side with the weakling, no matter how pretty you are.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids is right, if you're willing to be violent with a complete stranger, you will generally get away with it. most people are not violent, and are unwilling to be violent unless they are in a truly extraordinary situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But the times you don't get away can be very bad for you. Especially when things like beer bottles etc. come into play. I have a friend who just did two years for attempted murder/assault w/ a deadly weapon. Plus he has a 15 year suspended hanging over his head. And it was just a bar fight. Bonus points if you can guess the "weapon."
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 PM

If I saw a 4k bike, i would try to steal it too.

IF I had a 4k bike i would buy a 500 hundred dollar super-anti theft system for it that would beep frantically and send out a 1000000 volt whenever touched by someone who is not the owner. Not only will you catch the bad guy, but he will have permanent brain damage for the rest of his life. Good way to keep you, the bike, and society safe from villians.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And don't let anyone steal your car out of the bike rack on a train. It's just wrong, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

blarg, could you clear out your pm box? ty

[/ QUOTE ]

done
Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guids - I have a hard time even reading your posts because of your intentional use of "teh" with no reason or context. It's really irritating. Why do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the content far more irritating than the outdated netspeak. I also find that it helps to imagine the frequently reposted nj guido pic when reading his posts.

But he did crack me up with the knee breaking heel kick.

J
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL A+. I have never seen this before. All Conan needs is a pink suit. And a passcode as the end. [censored] stole my bike. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 AM

ja: Guy tried to pick up a friend of mine asking her "Have you seen the iPhone?" tonight. People are dumb, they'll try anything! As for fighting, dude isn't going to do [censored] on the train w/ tons of witnesses. However, if he gave up on the bike w/ the "dude" then you just shake your head and carry on, no point worrying about revenge against this douche.

quids: We should have dinner next time I'm in the STL. Have you ever been to the Sidney St. Cafe? That or prime rib I think.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. you dont stick around and wait, you hop back on your bike and ride away. who's going to stop you, or even notice what just happened? Ive been stabbed in the calf before, and the guy had no repercussions, because 1. I didnt know him, 2. he just walked off. I dont know if most of you just live in a different enviroment than I do, but its really hard to get in trouble for [censored] like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

tough act guido?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guids - I have a hard time even reading your posts because of your intentional use of "teh" with no reason or context. It's really irritating. Why do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the content far more irritating than the outdated netspeak. I also find that it helps to imagine the frequently reposted nj guido pic when reading his posts.

But he did crack me up with the knee breaking heel kick.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i always think guido when i read his posts
Old 07-27-2007, 05:18 AM

at least he didnt steal your yoshi.