Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 07-21-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Hand Posting - A3s on the Button SH

Hi guys,
I have a slight problem with this hand and didn't find an already posted one which seemed to look like mine.
Villain just sat down so no big reads so far, but has been calling with just about everything preflop and been betting & raising like a madman on the flop and postflop also with little so far (i.e.: TPNK, high card).
I myself think I played well too passively especially preflop. After the lead-out of villain on the flop I thought I was in front and raised, after his reraise I fell into calldown-mode, especially after the A on the turn falling and couldn't let go.
What do you think of this hand?
I would be grateful for any advice on this.
Cheers,
Jonathan

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Js 2s (flush, ace high).
Hero has 3c Ac (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: SB wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Hand Posting - A3s on the Button SH

I would raise preflop.

I would just call the flop

Then I would call the turn cause we can't fold to a 3bet then call the river.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Why would you just call OTF? Wouldn't it be better to raise or fold or is this because Villain is so LAG postflop that we just call here?
The raise preflop is evident, I don't know why exactly i didn't do that... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
If I had raised the turn and he'd have 3-bet it, why would I have been obliged to call (like you said)?
Damn, so many questions I'm asking here... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Raise preflop. You're opening from the button, and that's pretty much a raise or fold scenario. A3s is a decent hand for a steal-raise, even against a loose SB. If BB was also very loose, limping might be ok.

As played, I think it's ok. After all your best hand is AA553, so I don't know if there's much value in raising (EDIT: so just call the flop). If he's kinda crazy, letting him bluff is good.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:21 AM

I haven't raised hands like that preflop but it makes sense to me. You can steal it right there.
Thats a call on the flop. As said you can't raise for value but want to see the flop. With the ace or a club you can call the turn and the river.