Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I have created my own Bankroll Management Add-on to PT.

It could do with some streamlining, but this would be a great inclusion to the software package, and is another feature that no-one else has,

If you would like any advice on this please PM me. It has quite comprehensive features, but you could probably take the ideas and run with them

Look forward to the software anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype
Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker and PokerAce Hud have been producing results for years now. HM has been around two days.

I think I've proven myself capable of making quality software and backing it up with good support. This is not a pet project for me, this is my job, my livelihood. I'm not making claims I can't backup. Time will tell.

Also, what difference does it make if the HM thread has 60 pages? It was around before this one and is really a different type of thread (it has a lot of bug reporting posts). Kind of silly to compare the two.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what difference does it make if the HM thread has 60 pages? It was around before this one and is really a different type of thread (it has a lot of bug reporting posts). Kind of silly to compare the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's silly. Some of the posts are bug reports but look at the page views. People seem to be more interested in what's coming out now (or very soon) rather than what's coming out 3-5 months from now.

In 3-6 weeks when the initial "omg what, a new poker manager is out? let me try!" phase ends, people will have the option to continue using HM.

At this point PT will continue to have no results (note: I'm guessing here, but given what's been said previously in this thread you guys are pretty locked into keeping features behind closed doors).

I'm not trying to bust your hump over this but you are clearly making some very bold statements without anything to back it up other than "trust me".
Old 07-17-2007, 06:47 PM

One thing is true.

PokerAce Josh, knows his stuff. And supplies a great product.

If people dont maximise the software, thats THEIR problem.

(Although i'd love Stud/Razz support Josh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could spend my time rewriting the graphics routine in PA Hud to reduce the lag, or I could wait two months until FT fixes their software and PA Hud will run fine again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you do both so that we would have a work around until FTP gets their part together?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:41 PM

Why doesn't the current version of pokertracker support Bodog tournaments but it does support Bodog cash games? I couldn't really tell any major difference between the two versions of hand histories. I know this is a very small user base and it requires an outside piece of software to write the hand histories (DogWatcher) but support for tournaments would be awsome.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could spend my time rewriting the graphics routine in PA Hud to reduce the lag, or I could wait two months until FT fixes their software and PA Hud will run fine again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you do both so that we would have a work around until FTP gets their part together?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the problem will be resolved without me doing anything, I am choosing to use my development time on more worthwhile things.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM

my best advice would be to copy many aspects from Poker Office as this is very useful and all my friends have been converted from Tracker to Office... just having loads of analytical things such as money won/lost in certain positions and live statistics on the user so we can analyse how we are playing in the moment