Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 3, Thur., July 12 **

[ QUOTE ]
My Final Table wishlist!

Leif Force
Tobey Maguire
Gus Hansen
Humberto Brenes
Billy Baxter
Ted Forrest
Mimi Tran
Rolf Slotboom
sponger

[/ QUOTE ]

how about:

Pamela Brunson 91300
Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM

Kenny Tran = New Chipleader; Andy Philachack Eliminated
On a board of , Kenny Tran and Andy Philachack were in a raising war. When it was over, they both shoved their entire stacks all in.

Philachack:
Tran:

Philachack had a Jack-high straight. Tran had a higher straight. The river was the and Tran dragged a monster pot worth over 1 million. Tran is the first player to pass the 1 million chip mark. He is currently the chipleader.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thinking or Hollywooding?

Lee Watkinson and Gary Benson were invovled in two pots. During the first one, benson opened up for a aise of 8,000 from UTG. Watkinson raised to 30,000 from the cut off. Benson went into the tank for five minutes before he folded.

On the next hand, on a flop of {A-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds}{3-Diamonds}, Benson checked and Watkinson bet 10,000. Benson went into the tabk for another five minutes before he called. The turn was the {7-Clubs}. Benson checked. Watkinson bet 20,000 and Benson quickly moved all in for his last 30,000. Watkinson folded and fired his cards into the muck. Watkinson mumbled something to the player next to him about how he though Benson went "Hollywood" on the flop call. Benson did not say anything as he stacked up his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way in hell I would let someone think for 5 minutes on a simple PF 3-bet or a flop cbet without calling the clock. That's totally ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cool thing is that Gary is the brother of a really close friend of mine, so I'm def. going to ask him about this hand next time I get a chance to talk to him.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Robin Bergren Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 344,100 38 1

[/ QUOTE ]
Robin is most definitely not a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apologies [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me, it's not the first time we've made fun of him for the fact that he looks like a girl during online updates.

Regardless, he's a heck of a player who really has an awesome chance to make a deep deep run in this thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Whoa, boy. I think Mimi has a solid, but not stellar tourament and cash game style, (and not that many players are decent at both), but I think she shows weakness in short-handed play. Sorry that we suddenly can't have our own opinions, even when they don't seem to be contricted by masses of results. Sorry to strike a sore spot, I'll check before saying anything partially negative about any of your friends, O.K.?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Hope Gus Hansen wins, that would really bring a lot of dead money back to online poker and be good for all. Plus Gus is cool, of course.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry Bond, gg
Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 PM

Hand4Hand is about to begin as the bubble looms...
Old 07-12-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Chipleader Kenny TranKenny Tran = New Chipleader; Andy Philachack Eliminated
On a board of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Kenny Tran and Andy Philachack were in a raising war. When it was over, they both shoved their entire stacks all in.

Philachack: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Tran: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Philachack had a Jack-high straight. Tran had a higher straight. The river was the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Tran dragged a monster pot worth over 1 million. Tran is the first player to pass the 1 million chip mark. He is currently the chipleader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, at what point in the raising war do you realize you don't have the nuts?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM

SPONGER FOR CHIP COUNT!