Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: FTP transfers unrelated to poker playing got you blocked

[ QUOTE ]
A few months ago, I asked a supervisor at FTP who I know personally if there would be a problem in buying into FTP and transferring funds to various people I know to stake them for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When my pokerstars account was locked for same reason, all it took is one email to them and explanation and they gave me a warning and reopened my account, the whole ordeal took less than 24 hours. But since FTP doesn't have compotent people working for them this will take forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had help on the inside.......it will take a lot longer than 24 hours for this to reach a resolution.......
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

FTP,

You guys never seem to learn. We're reasonably intelligent people and we understand that you have to protect your site. What we don't understand and are continually frustrated with is your lack of communication. There seems to be no sense of urgency on your part and you seem completely oblivious to the concerns of your players when their money is locked up like this for long periods of time.

I pay 6 figures each year in rake and there is very little chance of your company getting any of business.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP,

You guys never seem to learn. We're reasonably intelligent people and we understand that you have to protect your site. What we don't understand and are continually frustrated with is your lack of communication. There seems to be no sense of urgency on your part and you seem completely oblivious to the concerns of your players when their money is locked up like this for long periods of time.

I pay 6 figures each year in rake and there is very little chance of your company getting any of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god for pokerstars. I find it unusual when they take more than 24 hours to respond to my concierge request.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM

This thread makes me glad that I don't play FTP. Also, it's a good thing that they have 100% unaccountable bot detection policies.

Given the explanation given, I can sorta see where FTP is coming from re: voluminous transfers. HOWEVER, the onus is on them to be clear upfront as to what is not allowed. If, as OP says, he was informed that what he was doing is kosher, and then that policy was changed and the changed policy is the rationale for the account lock/seizure, this is simply unconscionable. Beyond that, it's terrible customer service/great advertising for PStars.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Kyleb this truly sucks. I think FTP can be at fault for lack of communication, but that is pretty much it.

FTP is not western union. As you know it costs them pretty large percentage to cash players out. Even at just 3 percent think of how much money this fiasco is causing them if 10k is going both in and out of the site via payment processors. All that and the players who the money is going to are hardly playing at all.

They should just close your account cash you out and be done with this.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM

KyleB, if you want to be protected, I would advise to do chargebacks against Full Tilt, because you only have 30-90 days depending on your bank to dispute this. If you are not sure Full tilt will refund you the money, you have to go through your bank, otherwise it is xxxxxx that the site has complete control over your money and you have no recourse to dispute their decisions, On this last account I made a deposit using a credit card, and if I don't hear from them in next day or two, I will chargeback my last deposit, and I hope they all burn in hell, now because of that all the rake back on this new account I made from last month and this month is lost.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 PM

limit - I believe you have advocated doing chargebacks on FT as your form of revenge in the past.
I think this is a really bad idea and is incredibly irresponsible of you.

Yes, they're scumbags and don't seem to respect their customers very much. But you could very well just be digging yourself a deeper hole here and this form of 'revenge' is probably not going to help you a whole lot.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Bob, would you rather have him watch Full Tilt confiscate his money and have no chance of getting it back, If he truely didn't do anything wrong he should have get his money back, at this point it is up to him and his bank, if he waits longer it eventually be up to Full Tilt only and that is scary, unless they respond this looks like the only recourse he has to get his hard earned money back, whatever hole it gets him into.

His other alternative is to loose all the money and never play there again anyways.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limit - I believe you have advocated doing chargebacks on FT as your form of revenge in the past.
I think this is a really bad idea and is incredibly irresponsible of you.

Yes, they're scumbags and don't seem to respect their customers very much. But you could very well just be digging yourself a deeper hole here and this form of 'revenge' is probably not going to help you a whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a merchant myself (I run an e-commerce site) I can tell you that when someone does a chargeback it's normally extremely hard for the merchant to win. All he has to do is say "charge not authorized" and there's 0 chance FTP (or any merchant on the interwebs) is going to win. If you've read other threads you'll notice that once the word chargeback is mentioned the site immediately takes action. A chargeback first results in the merchant losing all the money and getting charged ~$25. Too many chargebacks (above a certain %) and the merchant loses his merchant account and the ability to accept credit cards.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KyleB, if you want to be protected, I would advise to do chargebacks against Full Tilt, because you only have 30-90 days depending on your bank to dispute this. If you are not sure Full tilt will refund you the money, you have to go through your bank, otherwise it is xxxxxx that the site has complete control over your money and you have no recourse to dispute their decisions, On this last account I made a deposit using a credit card, and if I don't hear from them in next day or two, I will chargeback my last deposit, and I hope they all burn in hell, now because of that all the rake back on this new account I made from last month and this month is lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize this is a felony, right?
Closed Thread