Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Am I being rigged by Full Tilt Poker or is this normal variance?

[ QUOTE ]

Let's also look at the player I'm up against - he's a donkey making incorrect pot sized bets. Donkeys enevitably go too far with hands that start good and get worse. They are always calling with trips and a flush on the board etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your problem is more likely to be that your reading skills were somewhat distorted by your perception that this guy is a bad player. It is very likely that you turned this into a personal thing, and hence didn't want to believe you were beat, and have insisted on declaring FT as rigged rather than sacrifice your ego and think about it.
Honestly though, would you expect this to never happen?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Am I being rigged by Full Tilt Poker or is this normal variance?

No the donkey was acting like a bit of a donkey. He sat in with the wrong sized stack and placed wrong sized bets previously. He was not showing he was a skilled player.

But yes, I underestimated his drawing abilities.

I let a few winners go, it's part of being a good player and not a calling station.

I haven't declared FT rigged, I am asking the question on this thread. I would prefer if FT wasn't rigged as it suits me for playing convenience.