Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-07-2007, 01:50 PM

Default TPTK vs unknown.

Villain is unknown. Is this too much?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>,
Old 07-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: TPTK vs unknown.

yes imo
his line is super strong here. he's saying that his hand is so good he doesn't need to protect it, he wants CO to come along for the ride
Old 07-07-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes imo
his line is super strong here. he's saying that his hand is so good he doesn't need to protect it, he wants CO to come along for the ride

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with yourface that the turn raise is a bit too much here. I need a read that this guy will play AJ this way before I would pop the turn.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:01 PM

what about cap flop?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:13 PM

Does anyone ever just call this flop? I've been trying this line against certain types of players and I like it. Often times, the villian either has a monster or a hand he would have folded to resistance. If he's weak, but will call down....a raise gets 0.5 BBs. If he's bluffing a raise might lose 1.5 BB. If he has a monster, a raise loses 1 BB (or more if you play the way you did).
Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM

you are soo often ahead we need to value this hand.
i would to calldown with TP and weak kiker because i want to go to a showdown cheaper.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Yeah, it's not my standard line, but I've been playing around with it and like the results.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about cap flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping the flop here will rarely be the correct play. Generally speaking, If you like your hand that much youre usually better off calling the flop 3bet and popping the turn. If you dont like your hand that much then you'll be better off calling down. It takes a special kind of villain to make a flop cap better than both lines I mentioned.

In this hand I would just call down UI from the flop 3bet becuz the villain is taking a "Gimme all your money line" and without a read, Im gonna play cautiously until I find out whats going on.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the flop is A82...