Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Help me put a bad beat on Cancer and Humbertos shark

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, somebody explain the 'ancestors' comment. i am unfamiliar with jewish shark stomping practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a Jewish couple gets married the husband stomps on a glass cup. I believe its to briefly remind everyone of the sadness in the world despite the joyous occasion but I could be wrong on that.

/sermon

[/ QUOTE ]It's also the last time the husband gets to put his foot down. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM

*bump*

anyone know which day Humberto and his chark are playing? Anyone sitting at his table?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't ask for any donations. I only mentioned it because of the fact that I'm uncomfortable with people coming on here and asking for money even if the cause is good. I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that it is something which is troubling to me. And to prove my point, I mentioned my own foundation which is something I do privately.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So if you want to give some of your own money to some charity (like yours truly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts are ridiculous. Whether Gordon is a jerk or not, you should have no problem with someone donating to a cancer charity. You mention you have your own charity, but don't want to say what it is for. What kind of charity is that? If you wanted to keep it private, you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. In fact, you shouldn't even have a charity if you want to keep it private.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 AM

As much as I'd like to see his shark destroyed, my rational side has to agree with shaniac in saying just steal it on camera. Make it in good spirits to basically eliminate the chance that you get any sort of penalty/ban from the WSOP. You can't assume nothing bad will happen if you destroy the shark just because Gordon "gaurantees" it.

Just get some ESPN cameras over to let them know your plot. Get someone to distract Humberto, or just tap him on shoulder yourself, point into the distance and say "Humberto, isn't that [insert Costa Rican celebrity]???" and grab his shark and sprint away. If he follows you there will be a hilarious confrontation. If he pulls out another shark, just rinse and repeat. Not as fun as destroying the shark obv, but at least you won't have to worry about legal repercussions.

Since this is in good fun, you won't be risking any sort of tournament penalty or whatever so you should just give 100% of the donations to charity. Makes you look better (although I disagree with those that are saying keeping half makes you a douchebag, I mean you are setting this up afterall) and you get free exposure anyway.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:34 AM

As much as OP says this will happen, this will never happen.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry Greenstein already did it (more or less.) Mason Malmouth has basically said its fairly unethical to solicit donations. Phil Gordon totally flaked on me. Several people brought up the point that this will only give Humberto more publicity and likely encourage his stupidity.

It seems pretty pointless to do it at this point, no?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok really though Mason can you tell us more about this charity and what cause it benefits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I keep it private.

Best wishes,
Mason

Partial Quote:

"So if you want to give some of your own money to some charity (like yours truly), that's great."

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What? You want us to consider donating to "yours truly" but you won't tell us what your charity does?

WTF?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry Greenstein already did it (more or less.) Mason Malmouth has basically said its fairly unethical to solicit donations. Phil Gordon totally flaked on me. Several people brought up the point that this will only give Humberto more publicity and likely encourage his stupidity.

It seems pretty pointless to do it at this point, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on pointless with those premises. How did Gordon flake on you?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok really though Mason can you tell us more about this charity and what cause it benefits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I keep it private.

Best wishes,
Mason

Partial Quote:

"So if you want to give some of your own money to some charity (like yours truly), that's great."

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What? You want us to consider donating to "yours truly" but you won't tell us what your charity does?

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

words in parentheses are modifying "you want to give..." not "charity"
Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 PM

lol. seeing bond yoink the shark and then run away yelling would make me laugh for years