Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

I've watched Sebok tell his friends about hands I've observed/participated in where he played for stacks, and he couldn't even get the preflop/flop action right. I'm not talking bet sizes- he simply can't recollect the action correctly. I have no confidence in his estimation of effective stacks/blind levels.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 AM

The second one is a pretty large resteal to call with 99. Unless he is including 33 in the range.

I also think KJ is a bad resteal hand here on an overbet, especially given the previous hand's action.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The second one is a pretty large resteal to call with 99. Unless he is including 33 in the range.

I also think KJ is a bad resteal hand here on an overbet, especially given the previous hand's action.

[/ QUOTE ]I think the push with KJ was a lot better than the call with 99. Obviously Sebok was a good enough player to realize that he was in a coin flip situation and call off his stack since Ike never has TT+ here. (Yes, this is sarcasm)

As for the timing, well I think the tendency is not for players to make a re-steal right after getting caught in one, so Sebok might give Ike more credit for a hand. Of course, he might just think Ike is steaming, which I guess is what happened. However, KJ is not bad at all against Sebok's calling range (especially if he'll call with 99), and he should have a lot of fold equity against Sebok's open raising range.

I do hate it when players call in a coinflip situation and then berate the other player when they lose/win (either: "you donky- I can't believe you took my chips" or "haha, thanks for the chips you donk"). Because calling in a coinflip with no fold equity is obviously >EV than pushing a coinflip with fold equity. (Again with more sarcasm, wich I'm am noting just because it doesn't translate will into written word).
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM

op, nice post.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op, nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know if youre being sarcastic or not. My apologies if it didnt meet your criteria. I was just interested in what everyone(esp. Ike) thought of his post.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
op, nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know if youre being sarcastic or not. My apologies if it didnt meet your criteria. I was just interested in what everyone(esp. Ike) thought of his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

not being sarcastic. i think this is interesting.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:40 AM

I'd prefer making these moves with suited connectors. The domination factor for AT and KJ is too strong if you're called since high aces and big pairs are most likely to call your re-steal. If you have a hand like 87s, then it is more likely that you'll have two live cards going to the flop if you are called.