Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 06-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Question - Official Flyer

For those not from Tampa, the Bucs may have the absolute worst fans in the NFL. Go to a game and you see thousands that are not even watching the game. A large majority of them are just not football smart either.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Do agree however that there are many, many worse places........so forgive my complaining. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

=fh=
Old 06-29-2007, 05:51 PM

To each his own.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:02 PM

whats the word on the limits in Hollywood and Coconut Creek? and will the games be starting at midnight.

i think the reason tampa is starting at 8:00am is for accounting reasons in addition to the logistics of stoping every 2 straight table and attempt to start new games with a packed house..

regardless if it does start at midnight by 2:00am everyone still at a table will be a 2+2r [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 06:07 PM

hmm im in tampa... might have to wait a week or two before I can go since im busto but it def be willing to meet up

The waitlists on friday and saturday nights is dreadful now and well yeah cant imagine it..

My impression from this thread in general is that they are exploiting the $100 max buy in by having chip runners go in the middle of hand or something? lol I hope I am wrong.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it is...cant argue with that. I dont see it getting any better either. October 1st the Florida No Fault will expire. We will have to wait to see what Charlie Christ does.

[/ QUOTE ]

No-Fault is going to stick around, Crist likes flying around in 1800ASKGARY guys jet to much to let it die.

I guess I am going to head up there fully loaded to see if any of these higher limit games go on Sunday.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Question

[ QUOTE ]
OK here is the lowdown as I was there yesterday.

You can only "sit down" with a max of $100in a NL game but you can give money to chip runners and they can get the rest for you. This is some way to get around the law, or so they say.

I will be there Sunday to check it out and see how its going. Should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this as 100% true, thus the line from the flyer:

In all NO LIMIT GAMES players entering a game must secure their seat with no more than $100.00.

This means that the max/min buyin is $100. You can buy more after that, but that's the max/min.

Them injins know how to do it ...
Old 06-29-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100 DEGREE SUMMERS

[/ QUOTE ]
Slight exaggeration. A 100-degree temperature has never been recorded in Tampa. Usually tops out around 95 (maybe 96).

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the Lightning are good. The Bucs and Drays are horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Lightning have made the post-season 4 times in the last 10 years with one championship. The Bucs have made the post-season 6 times in the last 10 years with one championship - not too many NFL teams can say that. As for the DRays - I think they might be on the verge of going from horrible to mediocre.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 AM

lol at the idea of someone needing to buy in for only 100 and someone saying that are getting like 25/50
playing with 4 big bets should be fun
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM

ok. called coconut creek card room and they start at 12:00am NO LIMIT... 2-4, 3-6, 5-10 the whole nine yards honestly for most of the dealers that have been there for 4+ years are gonna be dealing real poker for the first time...

i have a feeling they dont understand the significance of July 1st in terms of Poker in florida.. lets face it people regardless of much you think s. florida is a shithole. ALOT of people with money live here, there is a big finance business in S. florida and people that have a background in finacial engineering and other money management will sooner or later here about big money games( around the corner ) and be at the tablse, trust me alot of "poker players" dont waste time with the 2 straight limit games of the past.

frankly, the cardroom at coconut creek is a joke there are ~25 tables and the place is always packed ($2 straight Lhe) only.. ive played in the live SNGs on teusdays when the structure was reasonable (2000 starting stack 10-20b). the crowd is mostly old people that figuered out that if they play every conector and aces it is like the electronic bingo machine .

alot of regulars are gonna go bust real quick when they keep the bad habits. im excited as hell. as far as im concerned this is vegas poker with the atlantic ocean