Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Does my line look bluffy in this hand?

NL 2, LDO. Rebuilding my roll.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($1.01)
BB ($4.57)
UTG ($1.30)
MP ($4.97)
Hero ($3.72)
Button ($2.48)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.24</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.22, UTG folds, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.59) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.18</font>, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.95) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.64</font>, BB calls $0.52.

River: ($2.23) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.23</font>, BB calls $1.23.

Final Pot: $4.69
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Does my line look bluffy in this hand?

btw try to guess villains hand. I'll put my input later in this thread.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Ace ten, ace clubs?

I wouldnt bluff the river here, you took a shot at him on the turn, just let it go

Also, dont bluff at 2 NL
Old 06-27-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ace ten, ace clubs?

I wouldnt bluff the river here, you took a shot at him on the turn, just let it go

Also, dont bluff at 2 NL

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I have noticed this. Beyond c-betting, it seems no matter how weak an opponents line is they will call you down with TP (except when you have the nuts ldo).
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Eh, might as well post thought-process now:

Preflop: I was getting kinda' bored and decided to 3-bet light.
Flop: His bet is so weak. I figured I would see a turn and hope I peel off a Q.
Turn: I definitely should have raised more here. Again, his line is super weak.
River: Opponent has shown obvious weakness. I like a bigger bet here.
He shows: QQ

Just a few weeks ago I went through all the steps from .01/.02 to .25/.50 before tilting off my roll at sng's (damn you!)

I think that this is a profitable play at NL10, but at this level there is a very narrow range of bluffs that can be pulled off.

I think I either need to call the turn and fold the river if I don't hit, or make my bets stronger.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Not looking past your original two posts and playing 2NL myself, it's hard for me to get any type of read on oppts. As a result, I tend to play it close to the vest unless I have a read otherwise.

In this case, when an oppt calls my stiff r/r pf, I would tend to believe that hand must be relatively strong; JJ+ AJs+ AQ+ &amp; maybe KQs &amp; KQ. However, I've seen this $#!+ with low PP, most suited aces &amp; suited connectors.

Having oppt. bet only 1/3 pot is either a value bet or a tentative bluff (blocking bet?). If I planned a bluffing line, here is where I'd r/r, with the intent to c/f if called.

As played, once the 3-flush hit the board while also pairing the board on the turn, I would be suspicious of a made flush or FH, thinking that oppt bet light on flop to draw at it (which is probably giving the 2NL player too much credit). Once he called r/r on turn, I'm done putting any more money in.

I think a check is more prudent on the river, as oppt has represented strength the entire hand and would only call your bet if he truly has a hand. I'd just check and see what the showdown would bring.

As played, I expect to see oppt turn up KK or Axc.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not looking past your original two posts and playing 2NL myself, it's hard for me to get any type of read on oppts. As a result, I tend to play it close to the vest unless I have a read otherwise.

In this case, when an oppt calls my stiff r/r pf, I would tend to believe that hand must be relatively strong; JJ+ AJs+ AQ+ &amp; maybe KQs &amp; KQ. However, I've seen this $#!+ with low PP, most suited aces &amp; suited connectors.

Having oppt. bet only 1/3 pot is either a value bet or a tentative bluff (blocking bet?). If I planned a bluffing line, here is where I'd r/r, with the intent to c/f if called.

As played, once the 3-flush hit the board while also pairing the board on the turn, I would be suspicious of a made flush or FH, thinking that oppt bet light on flop to draw at it (which is probably giving the 2NL player too much credit). Once he called r/r on turn, I'm done putting any more money in.

I think a check is more prudent on the river, as oppt has represented strength the entire hand and would only call your bet if he truly has a hand. I'd just check and see what the showdown would bring.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good analysis, but you must remember that most of our opponents play neither their opponents, nor the board, but only their cards.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good analysis, but you must remember that most of our opponents play neither their opponents, nor the board, but only their cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

...of which I'm keenly aware. I can't wait to be able to move up from 2NL. As it is, I have been receiving quite a few gifts from 2NL players, so I should move to 5NL and/or 10NL shortly.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 PM

If you want to rebuild your roll fast then make every single play you make at NL2 for value. Seriously, if you never cbet a whiffed flop you wouldnt be giving up much. If you always assume that your fold equity is 0% you wouldnt be far off and if you always assume that your implied odds are excellent you'd be right.

There's no need to 3bet light here. Calling is fine given stack sizes and implied odds. If you hit a AJJ board, or AJx or JJx etc you can expect to stack Ax, and a lot of PP's too cuz they won't throw it away.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to rebuild your roll fast then make every single play you make at NL2 for value. Seriously, if you never cbet a whiffed flop you wouldnt be giving up much. If you always assume that your fold equity is 0% you wouldnt be far off and if you always assume that your implied odds are excellent you'd be right.

There's no need to 3bet light here. Calling is fine given stack sizes and implied odds. If you hit a AJJ board, or AJx or JJx etc you can expect to stack Ax, and a lot of PP's too cuz they won't throw it away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, this is good advice. I should add, though, that I am experimenting with a bunch of different playing styles and techniques while I can cheaply. Yeah, obv the best way to beat NL2 is to just be nitty and value bet all the time.