Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

this is gonna sound crazy but do I have the ability to add more HUD stats on there?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is gonna sound crazy but do I have the ability to add more HUD stats on there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have around 150 stats to choose from [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you look at that bar on the bottom, each of those buttons switches everyone to a different view. You can have any number of buttons on this bar and each one leads to a view with any number of stats and right click stats. You can have some stats only appear if they are above or below certain values.

It will also use sample size techniques to ensure that low sample size stats aren't misleading. You can also pro-rate stats so if you are heads up you can use the opponents HU stats at full value and his 3 handed stats at 0.5 value (or whatever).

For tourneys stats are displayed based on # BB's remaining for each player. So, a short stack might have a 45/40 VPIP/PFR while the big stack might show 10/7. You can also do this based on # players left which is good for SNG's. The same pro-rating techniques can be applied for tourneys.

There is much more but these are some of the hilights of this HUD.

rvg
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM

RVG this looks very hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question: Are you using standard DB format we users can run queries against?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RVG this looks very hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question: Are you using standard DB format we users can run queries against?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dave. The DB is Postgres SQL and one of the things on my todo list is to fully document it although it isn't overly complicated. I want this program to be as plugin / add-on friendly as possible.

I think that people like you are going to have a lot of fun with the reporting functionality because you can build and share some fairly complex, creative reports with very little effort.

rvg
Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM

my God...that is effing sexxy. lookin foward to tryyin it
Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The DB is Postgres SQL

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG dream come true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I think that people like you are going to have a lot of fun with the reporting functionality because you can build and share some fairly complex, creative reports with very little effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<--- Guaranteed customer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 AM

Wow, great work. I can send you some iPoker hands tonight - how shall I get them to you?

Will you be able to offer a similar level of support to PT? Will the Holdem Manager forum have a dedicated area for users to share reports?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 AM

This looks great. As regards the HUD, I don't know if you noticed the "free HUD release" for Full Tilt a couple of days ago. My reason for mentioning is that in my opinion the guy has it spot on regards many many aspects of that, in the stats offered, how they are offered and how they are calculated.

For example, the idea of doing a stat as following, % of an action given it there was a chance to do so. i.e. No point doing %3-bet as overall hands, rather as a % of the times somebody has alreay raised.

Also the best thing I found about that HUD was the way every action is also split into positional based stats.

Maybe you have talk to the guy, as he seems to have really thought out why people want these stats and how to provide them. It would be great if something can get out into the marketplace that supports (and will do in the future) all the sites and has these kind of positional stats, 3-bet/4-bet stats, float stat etc. PT / PAHUD have been slow to do this, and so a little competition might be exactly what this portion of the online poker software market needs.

Another thing I think is important if you could co-operate with the likes of the creators of SpadeEye and SixthSense, as game selection is all important (especially as the games get harder). If you application doesn't allow game selection tools (as mentioned above) to take your data, I think it will discourage many people who use them from swapping to your product. PT has remained the dominant application, because so many other side products can run off its DB.

If your product is to get serious market share it is going to have to offer what PT and more. I think the PO has remained in the shadows as other than the speed issue (due to being coded in Java) as none of the add-ons that PT has spawned were made PO compatible.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM

awesome roy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 01:27 AM

im getting an error when it tries to make the first database,
"the following error occurred when trying to open the Holdem Manager database: ERROR: 57014: cancelling statement due to user request. Check the connection string in your programfiles/holdemmanager/config/holdemmanager.coconfig file"