Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: A Severe Penalty - This hardly seems a fair outcome.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm both a dealer and a floorman. This type of decision decides what kind of player you are. Experienced players understand this is a no-no. But, you have to use common sense. He was not angle-shooting. This is the type of player you want in every tournament. Why do you want to isolate him? In big poker tournaments, ignorance is sometime an excuse for the law. Those chips should have been in play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm both a dealer and a floorman. This type of decision decides what kind of player you are. Experienced players understand this is a no-no. But, you have to use common sense. He was not angle-shooting. This is the type of player you want in every tournament. Why do you want to isolate him? In big poker tournaments, ignorance is sometime an excuse for the law. Those chips should have been in play.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Men could get an army of new players to pocket chips for him and your common sense would let them get away with it- you cant have different rules for the fish- it sucks to be the guy losing his chips but this isnt some $5 homegame, if I am paying thousands to enter a tournament I want the rules enforced in the strongest way possible
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Men could get an army of new players to pocket chips for him and your common sense would let them get away with it- you cant have different rules for the fish- it sucks to be the guy losing his chips but this isnt some $5 homegame, if I am paying thousands to enter a tournament I want the rules enforced in the strongest way possible

[/ QUOTE ]

This is common thinking among those that are unfamiliar with the decision making process. Here is one of the most important rules that is generally unfamiliar to those that are newer to B&M poker.

[ QUOTE ]
8. The same action may have a different meaning, depending on who does it, so the possible intent of an offender will be taken into consideration. Some factors here are the person’s amount of poker experience and past record.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This rule isn't going to prevent Men's people from putting chips in their pockets. I can't imagine it does anything to prevent cheating.