Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 06-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Default NL€100 - A4s, standard turn decision

First of all I apologize about the bad HH, there's no converter avaible for hands played on the B2B network.

I find myself in decisions like that below almost every session. I am the aggresor IP in a HU pot with a mediocre hand, should I fire a second barrel or check it for pot control and a hopping for a cheap showdown? Because I do got showdown value.

I figured that if i fire turn the possitive effects are as follows:
1. I could get him to lay down a better hand.
2. I protect my hand.
3. I figure out where I'm at in the hand and is becomes easy to play (if he raises fold, if he donks river almost always fold, and if he calls and checks river I check behind).

And the negative effects of fireing:
1. I am never called by a worse hand, except a draw. And therefore one could argue that I make my legitmate hand into a bluff.
2. I build a big pot with a bluff.

If I check I keep the pot small and I could induce a bluff from him. But I don't protect my hand and I could face a tough river decision.

Arghh,, I can never decide what line to take. Help plz.

And the hand,, villain just sat in, he posted the blind from UTG+1 and has therefore only played 3 hands.
Game # 584663414 - Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 0.50/1 - Table "Logrono"

Players(max 6):
HE-typi (EUR 246.72 in seat 1)
thompa2 (EUR 189.70 in seat 2)
intro (EUR 138.64 in seat 3)
Torsten83 (EUR 67.23 in seat 4)
vermo85 (EUR 68.11 in seat 5)
kakan_33 (EUR 45.00 in seat 6)

Dealer: intro
Small Blind: Torsten83 (0.50)
Big Blind: vermo85 (1.00)

intro was dealt: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

kakan_33 Fold
HE-typi Fold
thompa2 Fold
intro Raise (3.75)
Torsten83 Fold
vermo85 Call (2.75)

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

vermo85 Check
intro Bet (6.00)
vermo85 Call (6.00)

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

vermo85 Check
intro ?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: NL€100 - A4s, standard turn decision

All of these 'aggressor IP' hands are a bit different. For this particular hand, I think it's a pretty easy turn bet planning to take a free showdown. If you get raised, you'll probably fold although you might call down against a really aggressive player.

The factors in play here are:
* You're getting called by draws on the turn but not on the river
* This is about as safe of a turn card as you're going to get, since your villian would have to have just c/ced with a vulnerable top pair on the flop.

Incidentally, if you DO check here, with the idea of inducing a bluff, it's not a hard river to play. You'll c/c if he bets and bet on most anything if he checks to you.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Yeah,, I actually bet it and he folded.

But I guess that this is easily exploitable by slowplaying at me more? And therfore induce bets from me.

Hm, I guess this is player dependent to. Wich players would you bet at and wich would you check at? And what if there wasn't any dangerous draws out, say that I had A4o on a Q842 rainbow board, would you still fire the second barrel?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM

good spot for a value bet, there's str8 and FDs out there, you get value from both of them... you just may fold 88 or TT if he got to the turn w/ that putting you on bluffing overs

also, you're going to do this w/ draws and flopped tp

i wouldn't bet this every single time because that's pretty noticeable, but it's a good card to bet pretty often, esp. w/ a piece of the board, as you have a good bluff cathcer on the river if villain donks into you on a river that doesn't complete anything