Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Comparison with baseball as an argument that poker is a game of sk

[ QUOTE ]
So many attorneys, so little time. Ok then, tell me which States have laws that say anything at all about cards determining the outcome of anything at all. Doesn't even have to be poker. it can be Tarot cards for all I care. Then you can explain to me how this thread has any relevance to changing any State laws. Then I might ask you to tell me how and when that might happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of asking where you came from, maybe I should have asked where have you been.

Gambling is defined in about 35 states as betting money in any game "the outcome of which is predominantly determined by chance." The rest of the states are a mishmosh of rules or listed specific games. Dont believe me? Go here:
http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Law-Summary/

Where does the "chance" exist in poker? (hint: there are 52 of them and they are randomly distributed during the game)

If chance does not predominantly determine the outcome of a poker game then poker is not gambling in all of those 35 or so states.

And if thats the case, there is no need to change any laws in those states to be able to legally play poker online.

If you have more questions I am sure they, like the ones above, have already been answered numerous times in this forum.

Skallagrim