Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: AKs - what to do, what to do?

The flop c/r kindof sucks. No hand is folding to it, and your read is such that he's not folding pairs. If you want to do this as a bluff, raise it more. Against this guy I would not try to get tricky. Lead the flop, fold to further aggression unless you pick up something. You know this guy doesn't like folding pairs, so don't try to make him.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AKs - what to do, what to do?

Well, I appreciate all the feedback and thoughtful analysis. Having just made the jump from NL25, I'm still adjusting. It was a poorly played hand when I look back at it (or at least weakly), although to answer one poster, I did count the ace and king as outs along with the flush draw, which I feel necessitated the river call. Little did I know...if only a spade had hit (results):

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $42.45
BB: $28.70
UTG: $53.50
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $50.00</font>
CO: $47.75
BTN: $51.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, CO calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($26.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20.00</font>, Hero calls $20.00

Pot Size: $66.75 ($3 Rake)

CO had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Three to Seven) and WON (+$30.75)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$33.00)[/list]