Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: WPT North American Poker Championship thread

Wow Jim "Krazy Kanuck" Worth sucks.
I <3'ed when shortstack(what 10 BBs max) John Juanda open raised AI on the button and Worths fold with AQ in the sb/or bb. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not to mention the other 3 or 4 hands he weak tighted to death. If this guy is ACTUALLY a winning MTT'er it gives everyone hope.
Seems like a nice guy though. Maybe just a bad night or nervous with the cameras?

Oh yeah and lol at that KK hand.

And i know this has been mentioned 100 times in the past but its awesome that these guys pay $10k and play 4-5 days to find themselves headsup with 12-15 BB's each.

I think that big guy played the best and probably would have won once it got 4 handed had the blinds not been insane.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:27 AM

The big guy definitely played the best once it got down to 3 handed. If you paid careful attention to stack sizes, in between hands loads of chips happened to magically migrate from the Chinese guy's and especially factor worker rock's stack into the big guy's stack. In one hand, the rock had $1.4M and doubled up, and in the next hand shown, he had $1.8M.

However, I'm not too sorry to see a donk win this time. The big guy really rubbed me the wrong way when he showed his bluff and taunted the guy he just bluffed. That seemed low class. The donk, on the other hand, seemed like a nice guy, and was very realistic about his skill level.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:29 AM

The Kanuck certainly played Ak/AQ about as wrong ,and weak at this Final Table,as you can.
Where the # of great starting hands are limited,with the insane blind/ante structure at WPT final tables the way it is,,,,,playing them in that fashion is a travesty!
Even though I never played against him,I was under the impression he was a MUCH more aggressive player than what I saw.He played his hands extremely passive !
Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 AM

Jim explains some of his plays and the TV editing on Pocket 5s. It wasn't as bad as they made it look.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM

I don't see how it wasn't. That was truly some of the worst TV poker ever.

Jason was fine with me until he broke his arm patting himself on the back for making that A9 call.

I'm glad Soren won. Money will change his life, and he seemed like a very humble and respectful person. Didn't play too badly either.

BTW, this was some of the worst editing I have seen. We go to a commercial with Soren as the chip leader with over $4 million, and we come back to him pushing all in on the short stack for $1.4 million? I wonder how long this final table went.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
laying down that AQ i thought it was an insta call

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thoughts were is it the Canuck that's always staking people and does JJ ever get staked in tourneys?

Probably no on both counts but I just can't believe he didn't call that.

I mean he had 1.4 mil and JJ had 400k. Obvious steal position on the short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the first thing that popped into my head as well. 'WTF? Does he have a piece of him, or something?' That is an automatic call in that spot IMO.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim explains some of his plays and the TV editing on Pocket 5s. It wasn't as bad as they made it look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the above, but here is a link to his comments.

Poker is tougher when you can't see the hole cards.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:15 PM

What about folding the 6 spade on the flush board to a small bet? That was the worst play all night, IMO.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about folding the 6 spade on the flush board to a small bet? That was the worst play all night, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in there. He said he felt like he could only beat a bluff with his 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and that he decided Lam wouldn't bluff through two players. He also said that if Lam had bet more he would have been MORE likely to call, as it was Lam made it look like a value bet. I think he should have called.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in there. He said he felt like he could only beat a bluff with his 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and that he decided Lam wouldn't bluff through two players. He also said that if Lam had bet more he would have been MORE likely to call, as it was Lam made it look like a value bet. I think he should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? It looked like he gave up after the flop, not the small river bet. Lam had been playing aggressive all night, there's no hand he doesn't bet at least on the turn that Canuck doesn't beat on the river.