Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM

Default 50NL - Two hands where my set faces massive aggression.

The hands play out pretty differently in my opinion, but I'd like people's opinions on my lines in both cases. Only showing relevant stack sizes.

<u>Hand one:</u> UTG is a standard TAG. MP1 is a short stacking LAG.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $49</font>
UTG: $46.10
MP1: $15.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $1, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP1 calls $4

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($15.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $10</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises all-in to $10.90</font>, Hero calls $10.90, UTG calls $0.90

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($48.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $33.10</font>, UTG folds
Uncalled bet of $33.10 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $48.20 ($2.40 Rake)

I thought that UTG would feel pot committed to call anything on the turn. I did not expect him to be scared of the A. He claims he laid down KK.

<u>Hand two:</u> Villain is 48.4/9 over 50 hands (AF probably incorrect at 50 hands so I didn't include it, but he was the "call if bet into, bet if checked to" type.)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $182.90
<font color="black">Hero (MP2): $51.45</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $33.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $46.95</font>, SB calls $13.45

Pot Size: $103.40 ($3 Rake)

How often do we feel that I'm behind both of these times?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: 50NL - Two hands where my set faces massive aggression.

Are these both too standard to comment?

Hand one, someone said I totally butchered the flop (and I pretty much agree), so I was eager for other opinions.

Hand Two I was really unsure about the turn. In the end, I really felt like he had something like T9 or T8 so went with the push for the last of his stack....
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM

I don't think any of the hands was bad.

First hand flop is dry and pot is big enough so I don't mind checkraising turn.

Second hand I think his range is enough two pair that you can stack off on the turn, though cringing.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM

I think you are rarely behind on either hand. The only way to lose the first is if a weird straight gets there or villain has AA. You have to push turn, though. You could have re-raised on flop, but that's about it. Only one who has AA is MP1, and you aren't folding on the flop.

Hand 2 seems standard. If he had a TT or hit a straight or flush, more power to him.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM

First hand I minraise the flop after checking, seriously. Why didn't you cbet though? This is a perfect spot to cbet in a 3bet pot.

Seond hand is standard.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Hand #1
Standard TAG....
does not have AA
does not have weird str8 draws.

I'll play turn only here. Bet third of the effective remaining stack. That way villain MIGHT think you are scared of the ace too. Also, the river push will be small and pot odds will require a call. By pushing turn, you've given up stacking all but the best of hands (AK, AQ will call a third, but maybe not a push).

No way I'm pushing turn. I'ld rather win money, not pots.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:26 PM

Tonight I'll post some results. Both are kinda funny.

In hand one, there was an argument I should have check/shoved on the flop. My flat call got me the overcall I was looking for, but it made the turn kind of weird. I think the Ace made the turn really hard to play. I could only hope he had AQ at that point.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I'll post some results. Both are kinda funny.

In hand one, there was an argument I should have check/shoved on the flop. My flat call got me the overcall I was looking for, but it made the turn kind of weird. I think the Ace made the turn really hard to play. I could only hope he had AQ at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you cbet hand 1?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you cbet hand 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not been cbetting as much lately and I think it shows. The board was so dry, I was hoping in the worst case scenario that I gave free cards, it wouldn't have mattered.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Results since the thread seems dead, for fun.

Hand One, MP1 shows 56o, hits a seven on the river for a straight. Bleh.

Hand Two, SB shows J7o for a straight, a lovely 8 on the river fills me up. Yay!