Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Sirius Merger

I think I want to bet that this merger gets approved. The market seems to discount this as XM is selling for less than 4.6 the price of sirius, or is there something else going on?

Trying to decide which one I should pick up for a hopefully nice short-term profit.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Sirius Merger

[ QUOTE ]
I think I want to bet that this merger gets approved. The market seems to discount this as XM is selling for less than 4.6 the price of sirius, or is there something else going on?

Trying to decide which one I should pick up for a hopefully nice short-term profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think it's going through, arbitrage it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM

The fact that the FCC has to give their OK scares me a little. I still think this merger has a better than 60% shot at going threw. I realy cant think of one single good reason why it should not.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think it's going through, arbitrage it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This what I mean, the arbitrage situation seems fairly obvious. Actually, it is obvious, some group just said it was an M&A arbitrage situation which should be in the news under the stock in most financial websites...so the fact this spread still exists makes me pause.