Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Default A bunch of hands for review

Here are some hands from a recent session at 3-6 and 5-10 I played. I think in many of them I made fundamental mistakes. Let me know what you think and I will comment more deeply.

Thanks,

- The kid who jumped in the Shark Tank

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947835

Standard, I assume?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947838

So I have to bet the river - do I have to fold without reads on villian yet?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947842

I called before I even thought about it. I think a fold is better b/c of KQ or backdoor flush and the speed (fast) that his bet was made in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947843

Raise river and hope he pays off with a set or call because he probably has a flush. Again, I'm just starting to play these games after playing higher for awhile so I have no reads. I feel like the raise may be way off base here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947845

Anyone like? I am pretty sure villian is 2+2 er spinio. I figure he calls with AK and AA and folds everything else? Is calling with AQ so easy here given a LAG but not super LAG image?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: A bunch of hands for review

1) i think its pretty standard to call ai here w kk, given the way the games play these days bc they show up w ak a lot. in the old days, not so much...

2) that's a pretty bad river card and at this level i dont see many villains turning a bunch of hands into river ch/r bluffs...this is tough, but i probably fold.

3) i think you see QQ, but i also think you chop a lot. can't put him on kq very often after the rr oop. the timing tell you give and vs unknown makes this much closer tho

4)i like the shove w 67

5) fold pf. seriously. but once u get to the flop, ugh, i guess it's ok, though he's going to have AK so often and AQ isn't an insta muck
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM

1.) Fine
2.) barf and fold to river cr
3.) sick spot, I think you will see QQ so much here but this is pretty tough to fold, so I play same.
4.) River shove is good, but I dont really know about the flop float and turn minraise. Seems kinda spewy.
5.) I hate preflop he made an abnormally large sized raise which you def. should be folding. If your gonna call with this preflop you have to occasionally play it for more then set value, so this is not horrible. Just not a fan of preflop at all.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM

1. with 100bbs im always thrilled to call my money off with an overpair in a reraised pot. this is a huge +EV spot, esp vs Unsyatisfied, since his range is a little wider. standard.

2. meh, damn. as weak as this is sometimes i could find a river fold. but paying off is just too damn hard not to do.

3. yeah, call. cold deck if he has better.

4. voodoowizard is a weird dude. pf he may have misclicked, if you're paying attention may want to 3bet that.
postflop.. yuck. flop float/call w/ gutshot on 2flush board is MEH. raising is better then calling. folding is probably best. i dont get turn minraise.

5. umm villain should snap call w/ any ace. you could consider folding pf, but i like the flop bluff so so.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 AM

ok, turn min raise was just switching it up, nothing more. figured I would take it there or on the river with a nice bet. Whateva, not interested in that so much it was just a bit of a differnet bluff.

It's nto fair to get in a discussion of a certain player but Voodoo plays weird but good. He mixes it up preflop. It was not a misclick 99.9% of the time. He probably doesn't have a premium here though. I'm not sure why I think that I just would guess he'd make a real raiase with a premium MOST of the time.

Can someone tell me why Villian should snap-call witih any ace???? My range is AA,AK, AQ,AJ (mayyyybe not really), 22,33,44 (but mostly i'd call or fold here...). Or I might have 4 5 cc ot 5 6 cc or something like that. I guess a naked flush draw is possible without the straight draw.

So Villian called with AQ insta. I dont understand how that can possibly be + EV. He is crushed by a decent part of my range (including AK which is fairly likely) and is even money with the weird combo draw I might have. He is only ahead of the naked flush draw or the every once in a while bluff that I made?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Villian called with AQ insta. I dont understand how that can possibly be + EV. He is crushed by a decent part of my range (including AK which is fairly likely) and is even money with the weird combo draw I might have. He is only ahead of the naked flush draw or the every once in a while bluff that I made?

[/ QUOTE ]
whatever ace i reraise there given pot size relative to stacks it really needs to be a snap call. dont know what to say, but pokerstove a range as you say. top pair is hard to beat =)
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its way +EV to call there, because people will shove stuff like 44 expecting you to fold [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Hand 0: 57.644% 55.62% 02.02% 250560 9096.50 { AA, 55-22, AQs+, AcJc, AcTc, Ac9c, Ac8c, Ac7c, Ac6c, A5s-A2s, KcQc, QcJc, JcTc, Tc9c, 9c8c, 7c6c, 6c5c, 6c4c, 54s, AKo }

Hand 1: 42.356% 40.34% 02.02% 181697 9096.50 { AQo }

You can tweak this some. I think no matter what range you give yourself though, he's priced in getting 2:1.